Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom 60' corvette..Paint! 10/9/13

BKcustoms

Here's something I've been messing around with for a few days. It's the Monogram "highway scenes" 60' Corvette kit with a Ferrari California front bumper, A viper roof and windshield, and a Sting Ray III rear window and rear roof section. It Will sit on a C6 chassis and have functional Lamborghini style doors.

CAM00168_zpsf77b9495.jpg

CAM00169_zps327791b8.jpg

CAM00170_zpsb7a3293a.jpg

CAM00172_zpsb7096c8f.jpg

Thanks for looking, I'll have updates soon.

Edited by BKcustoms

This could look great, except to me the rear suspension looks way too low and the front wheels look like they couldn't make a turn without shredding the tires. I understand that this is just a mock-up.

Edited by sjordan2

I really like your design. With the windshield in place, it should look even better balanced. You might try increasing the ride height to see how that would look. Its great to see a full custom being built.

• 1 month later...

Thank you everyone! I've finally made some progress worth sharing. First I decided to build the door jambs and hinge the doors. I was originally going to get a set of scissor door hinges but they are not currently available so I stuck with stock ones.

CAM00260_zpsf2a53ca5.jpg

CAM00259_zpsf32dc3ce.jpg

Next I started getting the chassis set up to fit the body correctly and I also needed to raise the ride height a little. All this really involved other than shortening the wheelbase was the addition of a .40 square rod down both sides of the floor.

CAM00250_zps93baee29.jpg

CAM00254_zps35b469b8.jpg

And the last thing I did was start on the engine bay that will house the LSX engine and possibly a procharger system.

CAM00257_zps638bcc9b.jpg

sorry for the blurry pictures, my camera wouldn't focus for some reason.

As always I'm open to criticism and suggestions. Billy