Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have not build a truck in a lone time, I have a good number of then but not a big fan. So in had a idle running around in my head( lots of room up there ) lol.

So I started this one in time I was not working on the pro mod Camaro. Have a look and me know.

001-38.jpg

Had to by two kits for the idle I had to lengthen the frame.

001-39.jpg

001-40.jpg

002-36.jpg

003-32.jpg

004-25.jpg

005-20.jpg

Oh, by the way Derrick, there is an "On the workbench" for the big rigs too. You might want to see if you can get a mod to move the thread there for ya. :) The truck stop is just like a real truck stop, just for shooting the breeze and not working! :lol:

YEP!! Derrick, are you planning on adding anything else to help stiffen the frame? If not, I would suggest you do or your frame will droop in the center. The frame on my Ford custom that I referred to earlier is a scale 38 feet in length, and before I added some rectangular tubing to the top of the rails, she did sag in the middle. If you want to check mine out, just go to the "On the workbench" section here in the big rig area and about halfway down on the first page you'll see "Ford LTL 9000 Custom with Livestock Trailer", that's my 180' custom sleeper.

YEP!! Derrick, are you planning on adding anything else to help stiffen the frame? If not, I would suggest you do or your frame will droop in the center. The frame on my Ford custom that I referred to earlier is a scale 38 feet in length, and before I added some rectangular tubing to the top of the rails, she did sag in the middle. If you want to check mine out, just go to the "On the workbench" section here in the big rig area and about halfway down on the first page you'll see "Ford LTL 9000 Custom with Livestock Trailer", that's my 180' custom sleeper.

Thanks Mathew i'll check it out.

That is a nice color Derrick, what is it? I think that would look nice as a frame color for a couple Lonestars I have in mind that are going to be painted red.

Hey guys thanks for looking in on the build, and Mathew the color is a nail polish ( Nina ultra PRO candi apple # 709 017 )

This is something I just had I my mine. It my not work in real life but it,s a model! I,m having fun and i have a lot of work to do, but here so up dates.

001-96_zps91f91b63.jpg

I had to fine something to use for the sides, needed something long enough. So I went with plexeglass and a hold saw to cut the wheel walls out.

002-96_zps90e440fe.jpg

002-96_zps90e440fe.jpg