Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Pontiac GTO

Odaroloc24

Hey this was my first model i had ever built. I built it about 5 years ago when i was 11. I ran out of the purpleish maroonish color and painted the hood and front bumper blue. It sat like that for about a year or two until i found the purple paint again and finished the paint job. These pics dont show it but after it sat for another 6 months or so and i decided, "It can't get any worse.". So i decided to be stupid and try to lower it! lol it didnt work very well and the wheels are cambered out because i didnt take into affect that the body will hit the tire and slant them. Soo it looks real bad not but ill try and go rebuild it one day. Hopefully i post these pics correctly, I havent been on here for a while.

DSC03598_zpsc2fb5796.jpg

DSC03621_zps7aad7939.jpg

DSC03620_zps23b7ffcd.jpg

DSC03622_zpsf0035350.jpg

DSC03619_zpsa1b54e5d.jpg

DSC03623_zps730e7256.jpg

DSC03625_zps1ca08d0d.jpg

DSC03627_zps67195b5b.jpg

DSC03626_zps91632082.jpg

DSC03629_zpsaa2c5a96.jpg

Nothin to write home about, (Still a few things left to re-glue.) but i figured id share my first model with you guys!

Mike

Still a few things left to re-glue.

Edited by Odaroloc24

Michael....don't rebuild this model. In fact... don't touch it. Just keep it as it is...flaws and all. Why? Because it is your first model! I seriously wish I had kept my first models I built back in the 60's. And I'd be willing to bet most of the modelers here wished they had their first build too! It's part of your history as a modeler and this one deserves a place in your display case with a big 'ol sign on it that proudly shouts, "My very first model!" And besides...it will make a great comparison to how you improve your skills as time and builds march on!

Hey Mike, you did a really good job for your first model, we all have to start somewhere, and we learn and improve upon what we learned, so don't be too hard on yourself a little reglue here and there and she will be good as new, keep building bud!! :D

Michael....don't rebuild this model. In fact... don't touch it. Just keep it as it is...flaws and all. Why? Because it is your first model! I seriously wish I had kept my first models I built back in the 60's. And I'd be willing to bet most of the modelers here wished they had their first build too! It's part of your history as a modeler and this one deserves a place in your display case with a big 'ol sign on it that proudly shouts, "My very first model!" And besides...it will make a great comparison to how you improve your skills as time and builds march on!

Ok I like that idea! I never thought of that. I have come a long way since that model. I recently tried to add plug wires to a 72 GTO im working on. It look alright for my first time!

Mike

Hey Mike, you did a really good job for your first model, we all have to start somewhere, and we learn and improve upon what we learned, so don't be too hard on yourself a little reglue here and there and she will be good as new, keep building bud!! :D

Yep Thanks!!

Mike

I will second that idea terry.

I really wish i had done this.

It will give you a good perspective Michael

on how much you inprove your skills.

I will second that idea terry.

I really wish i had done this.

It will give you a good perspective Michael

on how much you inprove your skills.

Ya the more I think of it the more I like the idea! It kind of like the first dollar you ever made in your own business! Thanks for all the great comment guys! I really love this site and all of the people on it!

Mike

I agree 100%. I have my first model too, built when I was 6 years old. It's AMT '60 Starliner, and I really like seeing the skills improve - just like in here. It's nice to look after 20 or so finished models how long way you have went. And hey, that looks really good, especially for the first one. Keep building!