Model Cars Magazine Forum

New here and constructing a trophy.

I built a few models YEARS ago as a kid, but just kind of lost interest. Now I'm just getting back into it and am constructing a car with a specific purpose in mind.

I also play Forza 4 on the XBox and am part of a club of older guys who always race together. I'm hosting a race series in our club and am going to give away a physical prize. (vs the typical in-game prizes)

This prize is going to be a model car that I build and a case to put it in.

I'll have a few specific questions, not only about specific race car parts but one concern I have is how to build this car, and "pack" it to ship to the winner of the series.

Anyhow it's a great site as I've scanned around reading for a couple hrs already.

BTW the car is a garden variety 65 Mustang with wide fenders, a front splitter, rear wing, ground effects, full cage, digital dash, remote mount turbo, really wide tires/wheels etc,etc.

Edited by PREBUILTABYSS

Welcome to the forum.

Is there an appropriate place to start a single thread for a build so you can ask questions without starting a new thread for every question?

No not really. Here is the Q&A section. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showforum=8

Every question should have its own thread OR you can start a work in progress thread in the On The Workbench section and post your pics and ask you questions there.

Your project sounds very ambitious. What is your skill level?

Edited by Jantrix