Model Cars Magazine Forum

project pro street 4.25.15 brass time!

streetmachine11

Looks good Jason! Be prepared to do a ton of test fitting! I had to do several adjustments on mine even though I practically built the thing completely before I ever shot the first coat of primer on it. The way the front end is set up on your real car, you shouldn't have all the problems I did with my model. I wish I had saw your car before I built my model.

thanks roger! I've been test fitting and mocking up constantly. I've been looking forward to this project for years and can't wait for it to take shape

Jason

Wow great looking 1:1 and very nice work on your 1/25. Question where did your back half come from, im working on a 71 Cuda right now and like your back half much better than the one im using now.

Thanks

Bob

PS im brand new to modeling so I ask lots of stupid questions.

Wow great looking 1:1 and very nice work on your 1/25. Question where did your back half come from, im working on a 71 Cuda right now and like your back half much better than the one im using now.

Thanks

Bob

PS im brand new to modeling so I ask lots of stupid questions.

bob, thank you and the rear floor pan is from the 67 chevelle pro street kit its a wide floor but that gave me enough material for the wheel tubs to fit snug on the body without any gaps.

and no question is stupid that's how we learn! so ask away friend that's what were here for

Jason

Nice, pic in my avatar is my 69 Cuda fastback putting a Hemi in it at the moment. HemiDenny over on abodies is doing my K-member at the moment, I don't know if you have seen his Silver Duster, its the bomb, ghost of the Mopar Missal, also his brother John is into modeling, mostly diecast I think he's a pretty good builder.

• 1 year later...

So its been a long time since my last update. Been working on this alot recently although there isnt much to show for it but here we go. Been working with brass and aluminum! A first for both and soldering brass also.

20150425_140830_zpsob0bplzq.jpg

20150425_140837_zpsawcv7ngu.jpg

20150425_140920_zps9pp4fkcd.jpg

20150425_140952_zpstkyqsntr.jpg

For my firt time working with brass im really happy with the rear end so far. The spool gear assembly needs to be redone ill use this one to measure and make one correctly. The ring and pinion set is the second attempt. Once the spool assembly is right ill cut the gears.

Also went with wheels from micro nitro well worth the money

Any questions comments or opinions welcome

Jason