Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kulwicki Quincy T. Bird.

Silver Foxx

how did you do the lettering on your tires? Mine never look that crisp

I use Power Slide tire decals ( from Mikes Decals ) , use a bit of setting solution and when dry give a light coat of Testors Dullcoat to seal them and take the shine off the tires. Hope this helps.

How come every build I start doing, someone posts a complete build post for ha ha. Just started this set. Working on the Ken Schrader Sunny King Ford right now. Have the hood soaking in the purple pond as I wasn't content with the blue I put on it. Bruce, what Yellow did you use for this kit or did you just polish the body to a spit shine with no paint ? I did a test with the Yellows I have and found that the Model Master Kirkin Yellow Enamel I have would replicate the box art best. Havent did much research yet on this kit as Im working on the Schrader kit first from this set. I must say that is absolutely pristine. Very cool build my friend.

How come every build I start doing, someone posts a complete build post for ha ha. Just started this set. Working on the Ken Schrader Sunny King Ford right now. Have the hood soaking in the purple pond as I wasn't content with the blue I put on it. Bruce, what Yellow did you use for this kit or did you just polish the body to a spit shine with no paint ? I did a test with the Yellows I have and found that the Model Master Kirkin Yellow Enamel I have would replicate the box art best. Havent did much research yet on this kit as Im working on the Schrader kit first from this set. I must say that is absolutely pristine. Very cool build my friend.

In Australia we do not have access to all the great paints you do , so went with what I had ( Tamiya TS 47 Chrome Yellow spray can ). Also the thin red line decal is not easy to use , I used a thin strip of red tape . Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...