Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 chevelle promod W.I.P

I started this for my nephew. He is autistic. I am his role model. Since I build models. He wanted to build models. He saved up his chore money and bought this kit. Its a snaptite kit. He wanted it to be turnt into a drag car. I took him to the local drags here in xenia ohio at kil-kare speedway and every since wanted a drag car. So this is his drag car. I fabricated the hood and drilled holes for the exhaust. I still have a little sanding to do on the hood. It probably won't have a motor or roll cage due to it being a snaptite model. Probably just gonna throw some slicks on it, paint it, and cut a piece of tube to put through the exhaust holes.

Thanks for looking!

20130723_043510_zpsbbe0aebb.jpg

20130723_043416_zpsae9a3543.jpg

Edited by itsclayyoo

Well regardless of how you build it I'm sure he will enjoy it, and think of the satisfaction that you are going to get from it,when you see what it means to him, you sound like an OK uncle,Thanks for spending your time for such aworthy cause!

Well regardless of how you build it I'm sure he will enjoy it, and think of the satisfaction that you are going to get from it,when you see what it means to him, you sound like an OK uncle,Thanks for spending your time for such aworthy cause!

Thank ya. That means a lot to me. I've madr more progress. Ill post pics later.

Congratulations on getting your nephew interested in the hobby. I grew up in Dayton my Dad used to race at Kil-Kare often when I was a young fellow. I'm almost 50 now. I spent many Saturdays at the strip with my Dad. I hope your Nephew enjoys the Chevelle.

Thanks! yes i live about 2 minutes away from kil-kare. i have also spent many of days there. i use to own a 1984 mazda rx7 and would take it down the strip on thursdays on test and tune night. my nephew absolutely loves going out to kil kare, i took him on the fourth of july when they had the night of fire with the jet dragsters and the jet semi and he loved it!! what part of dayton did u grow up in if you dont mind me asking?

Edited by itsclayyoo

Thanks! yes i live about 2 minutes away from kil-kare. i have also spent many of days there. i use to own a 1984 mazda rx7 and would take it down the strip on thursdays on test and tune night. my nephew absolutely loves going out to kil kare, i took him on the fourth of july when they had the night of fire with the jet dragsters and the jet semi and he loved it!! what part of dayton did u grow up in if you dont mind me asking?

I grew up in Jefferson Township. It's in the southwest corner of the area and about 10 minutes from downtown Dayton. I bet your nephew had a ball watching the jet dragsters. I saw a few of those as a kid also... pretty cool stuff.

• 3 weeks later...