Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Wifes Satellite

Porscheman

Here's a little story how my 1st new car became my wifes. We were just married and my 63 Olds died, so I needed a car. I saved money over the years for a GTX and it was time to buy. I decided to take my new bride car shopping with me, big mistake!!! We got to the dealer and told the salesman I wanted a red GTX with all the goodies. Well the wife took over and before I knew what hit me, I was leaving with a chick car. Long story short, I did get a Plymouth but not a GTX and the new car wasn't even mine. What I got was a hood, sport steering wheel, mag wheels and the color. I also got stuck driving a 70 Datsun painted Earl Scheib yellow to boot.

My wife and I don't go car shopping since that day and I drive a Mazspeed 3 now.

The model is an old MPC 74 GTX converted into a Satellite, painted Tamiya Italian Red and no clear coat, Tamiya clear blue tinted windows.

The split vinyl roof made from 3M masking tape and painted Tamiya's primer white with matching interior and red carpeting. Just like the car I didn't want.

Hope you enjoyed my sad story and the pictures of my model.

Al

Edited by Porscheman

It may not be a GTX, but it's still a good looking car (and model!) :D

BTW... you mentioned that there's no clear on the paint, but with a glass-smooth shine like that, you did polish the paint, right?

Harry I polished it out with The Treatment model wax. Thank you everyone the nice comments on my wifes car.

Al

Nice build, looks soooooooo real like you and your wife could drive off in it! What does she think?

My wife didn't say anything but, nice. She says cars are to get from point A to point B and nothing else. If this were true, then why is she driving a new Lincoln MKZ???

Thanks again for the commits on the paint. I love Tamiya's non-metalic paint, it always comes out great.

Al

On all these boards, I've seen SO many dissuasions to marriage, and this is one more! :lol:

That came out beautifully, Al. Very pretty car, despite it not being quite what you had in mind.

As for your wife, swap the MKZ for a Fusion (more or less the same car) and see if she actually notices, then we'll see just how Point A to Point B she is.

Charlie Larkin