Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Shelby Pro Sports Man Trio (car Truck Trailer)

Brent

Hi all. New guy here. VwDave let me know about this site. Definitely LOTS going on here. I'm loving all the cool, super clean builds on this site. Well done.

I'll build pretty much anything. On road, off road, stock, muscle cars.... haven't done a tuner yet however Hmmm.

I love the VW's and have done a few of them. I'm currently building a Baja race truck with functional suspension. It's proving to be quit the challenge.

I just completed this trio last week. I love the Pro Street, Pro Stock type look. The truck is pretty much box stock. Lowered and added the hood scoop. The tire set is from a die cast toy (It's about the only place I can find the "big and littles". The trailer I left the top off. It's Amt's display case trailer and I built the tire rack for it.

The Car is out of three kits. Body is form the Shelby Mustang 2'n1 Kit, a Thunder Bird Pro Stock kit for the engine and the 57 Chevy Pro Sportsman kit for the Chassis and to think at one time I had issues parting a kit out ;) I left the body to the basics, no bumpers and covered in the front of the car (under the grill) to smooth it out a bit. I love "in your face" exhaust systems so scratch build headers from soldier and the collectors from styrene and shrink tub to get the clean merge look then dumped it out the side of the car.

Hope you like..... hope everything loads fine...

post-2112-1193505954_thumb.jpg

post-2112-1193505972_thumb.jpg

post-2112-1193506067_thumb.jpg

post-2112-1193506080_thumb.jpg

post-2112-1193506100_thumb.jpg

post-2112-1193506120_thumb.jpg

post-2112-1193506144_thumb.jpg

post-2112-1193506164_thumb.jpg

post-2112-1193506184_thumb.jpg

I understand, brother, but what you can not have, you learn to appreaciate more,

so I really enjoy the little time I have to built. which means, there is no time waisted.

Love this project, I have been thinking to do something like that, maybe go early

in time, maybe early 70's when big money , big trailers did not existed. Those were

inocent times in drag racing. :lol:

but what you can not have, you learn to appreciate more

Good point. Make sure you do a build up on that early 70's set up. Would love to see it.

Welcome man, you are going to like it here

I most certainly am, thanks.

Thanks bsoder.

Thanks Paul.

Holy ######! How did I miss this one?

LOL Not sure. It is the 57 Pro Mod kit but the front suspension had to be moved back, the back of the car had to be shortened. I modified the roll cage (some original, some scratch) to fit the interior better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi all. New guy here. VwDave let me know about this site. Definitely LOTS going on here. I'm loving all the cool, super clean builds on this site. Well done.

I'll build pretty much anything. On road, off road, stock, muscle cars.... haven't done a tuner yet however Hmmm.

I love the VW's and have done a few of them. I'm currently building a Baja race truck with functional suspension. It's proving to be quit the challenge.

I just completed this trio last week. I love the Pro Street, Pro Stock type look. The truck is pretty much box stock. Lowered and added the hood scoop. The tire set is from a die cast toy (It's about the only place I can find the "big and littles". The trailer I left the top off. It's Amt's display case trailer and I built the tire rack for it.

The Car is out of three kits. Body is form the Shelby Mustang 2'n1 Kit, a Thunder Bird Pro Stock kit for the engine and the 57 Chevy Pro Sportsman kit for the Chassis and to think at one time I had issues parting a kit out :D I left the body to the basics, no bumpers and covered in the front of the car (under the grill) to smooth it out a bit. I love "in your face" exhaust systems so scratch build headers from soldier and the collectors from styrene and shrink tub to get the clean merge look then dumped it out the side of the car.

*******Hi, Super job. steve doing

The Car is out of three kits. Body is form the Shelby Mustang 2'n1 Kit, a Thunder Bird Pro Stock kit for the engine and the 57 Chevy Pro Sportsman kit for the Chassis and to think at one time I had issues parting a kit out :D I left the body to the basics, no bumpers and covered in the front of the car (under the grill) to smooth it out a bit. I love "in your face" exhaust systems so scratch build headers from soldier and the collectors from styrene and shrink tub to get the clean merge look then dumped it out the side of the car.

• 2 years later...