Model Cars Magazine Forum

Florida Highway Patrol Mustang Update 2/2/2014

Johnny1973

This one will take awhile to finish being that I have to start studying. am going to start training to for my Class A License.The body is pretty all paint up expect for the trim.I have buy another kit for the hood being that the hood is beyond repair now.I will hit ebay for the cowl hood.Well heres the body.
photo-vi.jpg
Tamiya Black and ScaleFinishes Florida Highway Patrol cream
photo-vi.jpg
photo1-vi.jpg
photo-vi.jpg
Thank you for looking

Edited by Johnny1973

I couldn't find that color tan on the SF website, is it the same as Tennessee's? I have struggled with that question forever, they look the same to me....

Jeff

Jeff,

Email Jameston to see if he has more paint or see if the Tennessees cream matches Floridas cream.The bottle has Florida H.P. Cream on it.

Good Luck!

John

If nothing else Model Master enamel "Ivory" is a good match. Be forewarned the spray can Ivory takes forever to dry even for an enamel. I will AB mine cut with laquer thinner to speed up the process a bit.

G

G,

I forgot about Model Master Ivory I use that on my FHP 96 Crown Vic a few years back.I spray it though the airbrush I will post pictures of the Crown Vic toworrow and post here.

Looking good so far. I've thought about building the same thing being as I also live in Florida. I remember these running around on the interstate years ago. Never did get caught by one, however the FHP Camaro SS did get me once :)

Can't wait to see how this one turns out!

Edited by drunknmunky

I like the concept, John. I'm close to you in Naples and have seen these on the road. Too bad you couldn't have placed the body on the hood of Trooper car for your photos!

Thank you,Hopefully I should have a new hood soon for it.I use Tamiya black so it will painted as soon as I get it.

Nice job, looking forward to see more!

Thank you Fabrizio

• 3 months later...