Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got an airbrush & Compressor Now What ?

Got an airbrush & Compressor Now What ???? hahhahaha I know start painting but since I never used one is there anything else I should buy before I start using it ? I have a small bottle of paint thinner is that going to be enough for a little while ? I don't want to mess something up. Thanks guys.

I have a water trap and regulator on my compressor and one that fits on the bottom of my air brush. I keep lacquer thinner, enamel thinner and water handy depending on what paint I use. Mostly lacquer. for Final cleaning I use an airbrush cleaner and a few drops of regular Windex. Get an airbrush cleaning station. It's a glass jar thing that you shoot the cleaner into to catch the spray. Amazon and TC Global have more stuff than you can imagine. Airbrush lube for a monthly cleaning and lube is good too.

What brush do you have?

Dale

the key is not to get frustrated and give up. if this is your first then I would suggest using acrl. paints.( model master ) these paints can be cleaned up with soap and water , and thinned with 92% alcohol.(proper thinner is the best ). don't jump into a double action to soon , some are tough to work with , clean and dial in. I have 3 doubles and an old paashe h , and I prefer the single action. heck, 98% of what I paint, cars trucks or ww2 aircraft is done with it. be patient and learn how to mix the paint ratios....best of luck........john