Model Cars Magazine Forum

My introduction into the world of laser cut structures

Austin T

you already had a great start becuse i love indian motorcycles :) nice job on the edges to make it look like weathered enamel ..

the sign would look even better if there was more yellow around the lettering , so a bigger sign or smaller lettering .. i dont know what u used ?

i like it curious about the rest and what .....

Ok I'm back. Charlie It's from JL Innovative, it's their kit Marble rock garage.

post-8818-0-96549500-1375195953_thumb.jp

Thanks richard,I'm a big vintage motorcycle guy and I love Indians almost as much as Crockers,but I didn't have a Crocker sign. The signs are printed off the internet and onto a piece of paper then laminated to give it that metal look. To rust it I just tap my paint brush to the edge with a rusty wash and the paper absorbs some.

The billboard frames are completely scratch built out of Balsa. The gas station will be somewhere out in the desert, probebly near bonneville set in the late 50's. Hopefully I can get some more pictures up soon.

Well your gonna love this then Richard. I just took photo's of everything as of now. I decided on Sincliar as the station so I started painting some things green.

100_1280-vi.jpg100_1281-vi.jpgI

I also started to mount the billboards. I need to find a cop car to sit behind the Indian one.100_1277-vi.jpg100_1278-vi.jpg

And I started modifying a Jordan miniatures kit into a Salt Flat racer.100_1279-vi.jpg

thats nice , i like the tones on the building :)

Thanks Richard. It's far from being done though, Once I'm done brush painting the outside I will dull coat the walls then lightly mist a sand color against the building then do a wash under the clapboards to bring out the shadows.