Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Pro-Touring Camaro

LOBBS

Kinda bouncing around between projects taking inventory of where I left off.

'69 Pro-Touring Camaro with one of the LS7 crate motors that I had cast by VCG. Everything will be shaved in short order and I've got a couple of cans of Hugger Orange in the stash.

IMG_20130730_034602_zpsda0f2be0.jpg

Right now, I've got it mocked up with some Aoshima Model F7 wheels which are my second choice. If I can ever find a good shot of the BBS F1s from the Revell Ferrari 599 GTO with some kind of reference piece for size I'll go that route. In 1:1, the 599 GTO setup is perfect for this project but I've come to not trust Revell with wheels and tires and sizing.

Opened up the grill.

IMG_20130730_034817_zps5f2d1d77.jpg

I picked up these airbags years ago from Arrowhead Aluminum. Bellows up front and conical out back. I'm going for a full Air-Ride system so I'll also have to fab up some control arms up front and the mounting system for the rear subframe.

IMG_20130730_035307_zpsff876a73.jpg

And finally, the LS7 with the T-56 manual six-speed from VCG.

IMG_20130730_035005_zpsd9e98348.jpg

Looks like a cool project Kyle.

Please tell me how you opened up the kit grill? That looks awesome!

I use sanding sticks from a local beauty supply store. They come in various grits. Just use the heavier grits to remove most of the material from the back then switch to the lighter grits once you get close. I don't like using power tools for this kind of work so it can be a long process but it's worth it.

Yep, there are a couple of sets from Scale Production that will probably end up in my stash. I like a lot of the Hobby Design wheels but they rarely come with tires. If I knew the Aoshima tires would fit reasonably well on the Hobby Design wheels I'd have a ton of those. Ma's Resin casts the Aoshima tires at a pretty good price.