Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Superbee engine bay (1969 color picture)

I've seen many older Mopars on here with the engine bays done wrong or painted wrong or just incorrect. Like black firewalls, red heater hoses, and other small incorrect details. I've had this picture out of a magazine called "CARS" its a 1969 issue, don't know the month though. Usually one don't see many color pictures of a new car from 69, let alone a engine bay shot. This here is a 383 with ram air. Thought it may help with peoples searches of what one looked like when new. Some things I've noticed, even though they may not pertain to a scale model. engine color painted ground on the firewall, neg. batt cable, PCV valve, orange paint burning off the exhaust manifolds. And yes, I know the Supercars Member sticker on the air cleaner is incorrect lol.

480030_616080388425553_89958106_n.jpg

Edited by JasonC

My cousin had a 69 383 Super Bee with the twin hoodscoops and cold air. It had a single four bbl on it too. This is the only second time i've seen that/this set-up. Evidently it was a rather rare option on single carbed cars. Whooda thunk? I think they looked great!

Yes, sorry I brought it up.

No don't be sorry. If you have information and proof to back up your statements, let it roll! There are some people here to make a more accurate scale model. And may not know what some details should be.

I can scan the rest of the article that the magazine wrote on the car if anyone wants. It does have more pictures. They're in b&w though.