Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sicard senior snow plow 1951

superb scratch building Alan. I'm curious as to how you formed the flights on the augers? Any that I have tried to build have turned out to be a major hassle with marginal results.

Any Sicard blowers in our neck of the woods have had the Dodge style cab and conventional hood.

Carl

superb scratch building Alan. I'm curious as to how you formed the flights on the augers? Any that I have tried to build have turned out to be a major hassle with marginal results.

Any Sicard blowers in our neck of the woods have had the Dodge style cab and conventional hood.

Carl

Hi Carl,thank you for comment,it is difficult to make the augers.It must be the make as in the industry.Gives me the time and I'm gonna post a sketch.What thou hast seen are Sicard wicth plow.I think in make a this autumn.

Alain

Edited by mackd

Hi Alan

I thought that you might be interested in a couple reference pictures of a pair of old blowers and an old picture of a pair of snowplows

SICARD.jpg

I took this picture in the winter of 1962 in front of our house. The plow on the right is a Sicard and the one on the left is an FWD. This Sicard has the Dodge cab.

DSCN4104_zps2015f8e8.jpg

This Sicard blower is at the Simcoe County museum in Barrie Ont. It is the one I mentioned before with the long hood and Dodge cab.

DSCN0814_zps9b7747b2.jpg

This Oshkosh blower was owned by Grey county. the blower is powered by a 1150 cubic inch 6 cyl Wakasha gas engine.

I hope that these are of some interest to you . I look forward to seeing your Sicard snow plow..

You certainly have a great talent for building construction models.

Carl

Thanks Carl the pictures manifiques the «««sicard I'll do is right on the pictures.The 1951 original Sicard who served me model comes from a airport in Northen Ontario.When I photograph in 1994 its was two years that he had peintured it has never moved.I'last year it send him a the scrap.

Alain