Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dinky Toys 25-Pounder Gift Set; great blast from the past!

Faust

I am not really an armour modeller, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like tanks and trucks and all those other great things that actually hold ground in a conflict! I also love old stuff, especially if it’s military-related. That’s why I am pretty lucky that I recently came into some old Military Dinky Toys!

I’m going to start posting some photos and write ups about them on my site The Sprue Lagoon. The first I have up for those who are interested in old armour replicas and so forth is the http://wp.me/P2SZML-qD

'>25-Pounder Field Gun Set. This is a pretty awesome piece of work, especially when you consider it’s from 1958!

Fire up the time machine and check it out!

artillery-set-34.jpg?w=640

• 2 months later...

Yeah, it's a great piece. I really do like the fact that they went and made a cool custom box for it and everything.

I still think that Dinkys prove that making good quality, heavy-duty toys is something of a lost art. There's no light and sound, no internet interface, but that gun set would have been tons of fun for a kid!