Model Cars Magazine Forum

1979 Lil' Red Express Conversion

Hey there guys, I have a MPC Dodge 4x4 kit and I am trying to build it as my dad's old 1979 2wd D-100 as a gift. Well, I remember that somebody was making this conversion, but they went under awhile ago. So, I am wondering, does anybody have the conversion pieces and if they would be willing to sell or trade them to me? I have tried ebay with no luck on finding it, I hope somebody on here can help me out.

If you are looking for the pieces to convert the front end of your kit to a 2wd version, see if there is a Big Lots outlet store nearby as many of them have the AMT LRE kit on sale for $5.00. This kit should yield the parts you need to convert the front end over.

If you don't have a Big Lots, check out www.plastic-models.com, I believe they still have a few of the LRE kits available.

Good Luck!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
That was done by Matt Conte of Lookout models....Maybe he will put one on Ebay or even make you one if you ask nicely.
Just clicked on his old website and it was not there??? I know he quit selling over his website but he was putting stuff up on E-Bay until recently. It's possible that he has stopped all of his resins?? I am not sure?? Mabe I will try to make contact with him to see what his status is? KT