Model Cars Magazine Forum

aoshima announces brand new kit... Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 Super Veloce

CJ1971

Aoshima has just posted a video on their Facebook page announcing their latest super car to be kitted, by late October, Lamborghini's Murcielago LP 670-4 Super Veloce!!

I can't wait, especially if it's as good as their Aventador kit

Cliff

Aoshima has really stepped up their game over the past few years by producing great kits. Plus, the kits can be re released in other liveries and versions ala Fujimi. Revell and the corvette C6R comes to mind as a kit that could have been a dozen or so great race car kits, but only produced one or two.

Aoshima is also very in tune with social networking and uses Facebook to its fullest extent. This is simply the best form of free advertising available. And Aoshima doesn't just show a pic of a possible future release, they give you some background AND a release date projection that is accurate.

Aoshima has really stepped up their game over the past few years by producing great kits. Plus, the kits can be re released in other liveries and versions ala Fujimi. Revell and the corvette C6R comes to mind as a kit that could have been a dozen or so great race car kits, but only produced one or two.

Aoshima is also very in tune with social networking and uses Facebook to its fullest extent. This is simply the best form of free advertising available. And Aoshima doesn't just show a pic of a possible future release, they give you some background AND a release date projection that is accurate.

This pretty much sums it up, theyre also on top of current car trends building the rocket bunny 86

They're obviously taking full advantage of 3D scanning-printing too. I really hope they get right into it & their business flourishes, because the more kits they sell the more ( new ) kits they'll be able to produce.

I've read that LB Works have announced that Aoshima will produce one of their wide body Lamborghini conversions next year.

Its not clear yet if it will be the Murcielago or the Adventador.

Aoshima will now have both in their catalogue so tooling up for the add on body kits isn't too big a job.

1363316622_zpsb9faa066.jpg

Edited by Roncla

I'm a little surprised that they're doing the Murcielago, given that it's the last-generation Lamborghini supercar. Especially since Fujimi's version has been around for years. If it's full-detail and of the same level of quality as the Countach and Aventador I'm definitely in for one.. the only reason I didn't buy the Fujimi is because it's curbside. Aoshima is definitely proving themselves to be the company to watch when it comes to exotic car models... now if they could just give us a Veyron! (Or a Pagani Huayra!)

Edited by jaymcminn

I'm a little surprised that they're doing the Murcielago, given that it's the last-generation Lamborghini supercar. Especially since Fujimi's version has been around for years. If it's full-detail and of the same level of quality as the Countach and Aventador I'm definitely in for one.. the only reason I didn't buy the Fujimi is because it's curbside. Aoshima is definitely proving themselves to be the company to watch when it comes to exotic car models... now if they could just give us a Veyron! (Or a Pagani Huayra!)

Other than the Aventador Roadster or Aventador J (the one with basically no windshield) along the Veneno (which while neat, is a car which only three are going to be made) - none of which I would particularly discount in the future, the only place for Aoshima to go is backwards. Frankly they can do a Diablo and Gallardo too and blow those Fujimi kits out of the water while they're at it.

Edited by niteowl7710

I got some "inside" information too.... besides this Lambo' , the long tail McClaren & 80s Celia rally car, there'll be more super cars coming in quick succession. .. After October. Their development team is working 24/7 I'm told.... you wouldn't think they'd go all the way to Italy just for stats on One car, would you???? ;-)

Cliff

I got some "inside" information too.... besides this Lambo' , the long tail McClaren & 80s Celia rally car, there'll be more super cars coming in quick succession. .. After October. Their development team is working 24/7 I'm told.... you wouldn't think they'd go all the way to Italy just for stats on One car, would you???? ;-)

Cliff

The Aventador roadster would be nice to see.....or maybe Aoshima will get into Ferraris....though I would think Fujimi will be the first to kit the new Ferrari La Ferrari. I'd also like to see the Ferrari 458 Italia Spyder (would think RoG or Fujimi would do that one).

Aoshima have just posted more detailed pics of the pre-production SV on their f/book page... & have to say... it looks every bit as good, if not better, than their Aventador! The level of detail they're putting into their kits simply leaves Fujimi in the dust & has surpassed Tamiya without a doubt!

They are also doing a McLaren F1 GTR as well, which I think was either a little farther along that this Lambo, or at about the same development stage. Can't wait for both of them! Their Aventador is gorgeous!

The McLaren is still in tooling mock-up stages, the Lambo which was started before - but just recently announced is in it's first round of actual plastic test-shots as seen back a few posts in this thread. The Lambo is tentatively scheduled for October, and the McLaren for Christmas, but a bunch of their "Summer Releases" have been back-sliding into the fall as well, so time will tell.

Edited by niteowl7710

Guys...which of these kits have actual, stand-alone separate engine castings in them (not the cop-out approach Tamiya took with their Aston Martin kit - not that I feel strongly about that or anything :)) And of the ones with "real" engines....what is a good place to buy them on line if my favorite local model store (the Hobby Cave, in Ypsilanti, Michigan) doesn't have them in stock?

Thanks..TIM

Edited by tim boyd

For anything

Guys...which of these kits have actual, stand-alone separate engine castings in them (not the cop-out approach Tamiya took with their Aston Martin kit - not that I feel strongly about that or anything :)) And of the ones with "real" engines....what is a good place to buy them on line if my favorite local model store (the Hobby Cave, in Ypsilanti, Michigan) doesn't have them in stock?

Thanks..TIM

Hobby Link Japan (www.hlj.com) and Hobby Search (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/car/) are good sources for Japanese kits..HLJ is my main supplier for Aoshima, Fujimi, etc kits..