Model Cars Magazine Forum

Predicta '13

FordRodnKustom

Thanks Harry, I appreciate you pointing out my mistakes. Could you define for me what is "plausible" ? You know, just so I don't screw up again.

Sounds like you're being sarcastic. What I meant is that it's very unlikely that a show car would ever have been turned into a gasser or some sort of drag car. It's not a "mistake," since this is your model and you can build it any way you want. But I still say it's an implausible subject. Nicely done... but implausible. Feel free to disagree with me. ;)

Sounds like you're being sarcastic. What I meant is that it's very unlikely that a show car would ever have been turned into a gasser or some sort of drag car. It's not a "mistake," since this is your model and you can build it any way you want. But I still say it's an implausible subject. Nicely done... but implausible. Feel free to disagree with me. ;)

All good Harry, I was trying to understand what you meant. I did fat finger the title and didn't catch it till you pointed it out. Thanks for your input.

Thanks all, I appreciate all your comments. I enjoyed building this one and it was kind of a slump buster for me. I know it's a little "different" and not everyone's "cup of tea" but "some times ya feel like a nut, some times ya don't" Anyone remember what product that tag line is from?

interior003-vi.jpg

I think it's plausible to make a show car in gasser style, that's the beauty of a show car to me, you can do what you want.

I like it

It's a model car, it can be anything the voices in your head tell you to build. Back when I did the '32 Ford with the VW chassis under it (representing a kit car) the judges critique was that it didn't place because it was an improbable build. What did win the class? A '39 Chevy with a Ferarri drivetrain. Somehow that was more realistic to them!

I like the build. I like it anytime someone does something with a kit that we haven't seen done before!

Edited by Tom Geiger

I have Mr Starbird's biography, as well as having read a lot of the history of the Predicta over the years.

The irony of Harry's bashing is that the 1:1 Predicta actually wound up with a hole cut in the hood and a supercharger mounted on its engine! Likewise, it was wearing a garish paint job and mag wheels. See thepredictaproject.org (website by Mark Gustavson)

That was how it was when Starbird rescued it years later from obscurity in California, and began to restore it to its original glory.

Check out the photo on the aforementioned website. You'll find that Ron's ideas actually are quite close to reality.

Anyway, FWIW, I like it, Ron!