Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from NY

Just dropping in to say hello to everyone! I'm Jeff, and typically build 1/35 scale armor...but a great friend convinced me to try automotive. I'm currently scratch building a Marine Corps wrecker known as a Mk 36 MTVR. The chassis is from Trumpeter, the rest is scratch!

I have a upcoming project ..Flash point resins 66 Chevy pro mod truck body, needs a scratch built chassis, and gloss (eek) paint job! The project is going to be modeled after "Fast Freddy" a pro mod driver from Sweden

Jeff

Hey Jeff, and welcome to the Forum! This is great place where you'll find lots of good tips and tricks as well as very talented builders...Especially in the Drag Racing Models section.

The project is going to be modeled after "Fast Freddy" a pro mod driver from Sweden

Jeff

That sounds wicked, after seeing Fast Freddy a couple of times racing here in Finland, I can say that he is a great showman who always does huge burnouts and then he reverses back very fast. B) I might have some pics of that car that might help you. I will see what I can come up with. But for the inspiration, here's my video from 2012...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdWI6Y1L1kc

Edited by W-409

Welcome to the forum, Jeff.

I'm a recovering armor modeller also. Seriously, though, I think you'll enjoy the greater lattitude for personal expression afforded by this end of the hobby. And if you check out the truck section and the rat rods elsewhere, you'll see that all your weathering techniques are still quite applicable.

And, yeah, I had trouble with the "shiny" at first too. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...