Model Cars Magazine Forum

'59 Chevy Advance Scout Truck - African Airstream Caravan

I have been stalled on this project because I just could find any age appropriate tires. Well, I got the 1966 Ford Bronco kit for Christmas and I think those tires are going to work really well. I'll have to get back on this as all is needs now is my time.

Scenes Unlimited might have the tires you're looking for, I think the T47s would work best.

• 3 months later...

Scenes Unlimited might have the tires you're looking for, I think the T47s would work best.

Thanks Joe. I just checked Danny's website and he's not listing the T47s anymore. I sent him an email so we'll see what happens. I'd at least like to see a picture of them.

I gotta get back to work on this as our club's theme for next month is 'In-line Engines' and this is the only inline I have.

Edited by gasser59

I gotta get back to work on this as our club's theme for next month is 'In-line Engines' and this is the only inline I have.

Glad to hear the 'update!'  It will save me a lot of time, effort, and frustration.   I also "had" an 'inline' project nearly finished, but, if this is going to be on the table, I'll be putting mine back in the box and moving on . . .

:o 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Work on this build has ceased until I source some vintage tires. Nothing I've run across as of yet screams vintage so I'll continue to search and I hve plenty of other builds to occupy my time. Plus I have a number of threads I need to update photos. Thanks PBucket.

Work on this build has ceased until I source some vintage tires. Nothing I've run across as of yet screams vintage so I'll continue to search and I hve plenty of other builds to occupy my time. Plus I have a number of threads I need to update photos. Thanks PBucket.

Danny at scenes unlimited just reposted his t47's on his website.

The T47s from Scenes Unlimited came in today and they are perfect. A little ruffing up and I put them on. The rims will now need to be thinned a bit to fit these skinnier tires.

Glad to hear you like them, after I see your truck with them on, I'll decide I find I want to put them on my trucks.

• 1 year later...

Hi Brad,

To be honest, I don't know what words to use to describe my face sitting in front of the screen and seeing the scratch work you do.

All the words I can find momentarily are already said by all the other guys on this thread.

But still I'd like to say that your work is absolutely stunning and inspiring. Most of the details I saw on the thread I even wouldn't know how to do it myself.

But it's real fun to follow the thread and every day I open it in the hope that there would be an update.

So, you should know that I'm standing guard in front of the screen always hoping the thread is going on.

Thanks very much for sharing your gorgeous work.

Take care,

Juergen

Thanks so much for the feedback fellas. I is really appreciated. My holdup on this build has been making the windows for the camper. I think I have a solution and it will take a bit of figuring and experimentation to see if it will work.  Appreciate your patience.

• 6 months later...

I just found out yesterday the first Scout Truck I built and awarded to Dale is going to be moved to the Airstream plant's new museum once it opens later this year. I'm thrilled to have a build in a museum. Once this one is completed, I'll donate it too along with a build book showing the progress and reference pictures I had available.