Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Silhouette 1978?

70mach1

Testor's kit (real piece of doo-doo). Body was full of ripples and sink holes. It was meant to be a motorized toy. Block sanded and primed, re-finished with Dupli Color touch up lacquer, clear coated with DuPont urethane clear. Interior re-finished in PPG lacquers, wheels painted in Floquil gold enamel.

DSC01056.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

Very cool build of an obscure Lambo from the late 70's. Rocky had one of those in the second or third movie. I think the name Lamborghini used for the 1:1 car was Jalpa. :)

I would love to find one of those and swap a set of wheels and tires from a different kit. Everything else is too good to change! B)

Very cool build of an obscure Lambo from the late 70's. Rocky had one of those in the second or third movie. I think the name Lamborghini used for the 1:1 car was Jalpa. :)

I would love to find one of those and swap a set of wheels and tires from a different kit. Everything else is too good to change! B)

Actually, the Jalpa was the Silhouette's replacement. It had a bigger engine, better interiors, different fender flares, wheels and engine lid. But the chassis and suspension are basically the same, and they both come from the Urraco.

Rocky's car was a Jalpa.

The Silhouette is very rare. Only about 50 Silhouettes were made in '76-'77. The Jalpa was made from '82-'88 and about 400 were made.

Thanks,

Cool, thanks for clearing that up for me. :) I knew the years didn't jive... My memory banks though fuzzy, were telling me that the Jalpa was from the 80's. That and I knew the flares didn't quite look right either. I was thinking that this Silhouette was maybe the concept car they based the Jalpa on. I was wrong but I wasn't too far off! Thanks for the info, Izzy! B)

It's always fun to see semi-obscure kits built and built well. I have one of those in my Lambo kit pile( for some strange congenital reason I can't get into Ferraris that much but love all Lambos). Those wheels look like some Countach wheels. perhaps some Fujimi wheels would make a good upgrade. :o

Great Job! I tried to build one of these a few years ago. Unfortunately the red body was really overpowering. I wanted white. I should have bought some sealer. The body was botched a few times, but I did finally get it done.

Yours looks great and it looks great in red too. Those wheels really do it.

Great work.

Here is my finished white one(with a few others):

group2-vi.jpg

Chris

• 13 years later...