Model Cars Magazine Forum

Now what am I supposed to do?

W-Machine

My wife, Lisa, has passed. She was kind, decent, generous, intelligent at a genius level, and was all that a man could hope for. She thought of model building as good, clean fun, and a harmless pastime for me. Lisa encouraged building with my nieces and especially my nephew, Jared, and never thought of it as something that I spent too much money or time on. She was 43, and suffered terribly from rheumatoid arthritis, the worst complications of which are what claimed her far too soon. My life, as I have known it, is now over.

Craig,

My deepest condolences on the passing of your wife Lisa. She sounds like the perfect wife, one who supports her spouse's hobby and encourages him in his pursuit of it.

Please take the time to reflect on your happy times together and let those carry you through these coming days as you grieve. In due time you will find your way back to the hobby and we will be here for you.

Let us know if we can help you.

God Bless.

I'm very sorry for your loss, and I understand what you're going through. It is a very difficult time, and though it seems sometimes too hard to bear, the pain will lessen with time. From your description of her, I'm sure she'd want you to continue to find happiness in life, including building models and enjoying the hobby.

My condolences.

But your thread asks a question, and if I may, here's something I hope will help: Assuming you have not already seen it, find a way to watch the 2000 Tom Hanks movie "Cast Away". It is much less about some guy cast away on a deserted island as it is an eye-opener for anyone who has experienced some kind of major loss and is wondering what to do next. Most people see the answer to that near the end of that movie.

Craig, l am so sorry for you. She does still live in your heart and memory. when l was 24 my girlfriend l was engaged to was hit and killed. l found l had MS just a month later. l thought my life was over that was 21 years ago but with Gods grace you will be blessed. Please try to be strong and stay close to God. l will pray for you.

Craig, I'm so sorry for your loss, 43 is way too young, but none of us are promised tomorrow. My wife and I are only one year away from 40 years and we were high school sweethearts, and I certainly know that I would be at a total loss without her, so my friend I can only immagine the pain you are going through at this time, but remember there is a higher Power that you can draw strenghth from in these times, and life will most assuredly go on. Try to stay busy but always keep those memories alive, take care and i will be praying also!!

• 3 weeks later...

Craig, l am so sorry for you. She does still live in your heart and memory. when l was 24 my girlfriend l was engaged to was hit and killed. l found l had MS just a month later. l thought my life was over that was 21 years ago but with Gods grace you will be blessed. Please try to be strong and stay close to God. l will pray for you.

Carl speaks volumes with that one little statement Craig! I'm sorry to hear of your loss, but as Carl said, Lisa is still alive and well in your heart and memories. I'm 37 and in those 37 years, I have lost both my parents and an older brother, so I know all too well the pain of losing someone very close. My parents both suffered from health problems, and remember for Lisa what I remember for my mom and dad, they are all in a better place now and not in pain as they were here on Earth. Of the three losses of my family members, I took my brothers hardest of all, he was taken long before his time in a tractor trailer accident, and he is still alive in my heart as well, his spirit has been in the passenger seat every mile I have driven a truck through this country. I even honk the air horn at the scene where he turned his last mile just to say hi to him every time I drive past.

Stay strong Craig and my prayers are with you and your families.