Model Cars Magazine Forum

jo-han 1962 rambler 4 dr junker hard hit

jerseyjunker1

not sure if i have this in the right place but here goes. this car came apart so easy literally its just a few parts. this model started out as a taxi i mixed parts from diecast and remade the passenger side from the front door back out of aluminum to make the damage.at first glance you say

hey! that rambler looks pretty solid.

Captured2013-8-500002_zps70f2e8aa.jpg

looks totaly complete

Captured2013-8-500000_zpsaff0efa8.jpg

make a nice daily driver

Captured2013-8-500003_zpse4cb3b37.jpg

then i got a look at the passenger side. WHAT HAPPENED!!!

Captured2013-8-500004_zps5ac26940.jpg

ENGINE LOOKS OK

Captured2013-8-500001_zpsf587b131.jpg

OH WELL!! MAYBE SOMEBODY WILL BUY IT AS A PARTS CAR

Captured2013-8-500006_zps3ae75087.jpg

That looks great! I can't tell you how many times I saw a car like that in the junkyard only to see it was hit hard somewhere and not cost effective to restore. One time I was in a junkyard, came around a corner and saw my own 1970 Impala coupe. I recognized it right away due to a small dent in the hood and missing bit out of the plastic filler in front of the bumper. As I moved around to the drivers side, I saw it really didn't have one! Completely wiped out. Later on I saw the guy I sold it to and he told me he hit an ice patch on the highway and rode the divider until he could stop. Poor car.

Judging by the license plate (it looks like Pennsylvania GBF-3167 to me), that Rambler was a runnin', drivin' car within the last 6 years or so - That's when PA first issued the "G" series of license plates. Hate to see a classic car that someone used as a daily driver come to an end like this, but, BOY! you memorialize them SOOOOO well!

(I figure it was a daily driver - otherwise it would have had an antique plate, right?)

Judging by the license plate (it looks like Pennsylvania GBF-3167 to me), that Rambler was a runnin', drivin' car within the last 6 years or so - That's when PA first issued the "G" series of license plates. Hate to see a classic car that someone used as a daily driver come to an end like this, but, BOY! you memorialize them SOOOOO well!

(I figure it was a daily driver - otherwise it would have had an antique plate, right?)

you'r gooood