Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revells 1972 Cutlass 442 finished in cameo white

IMPALASS89

Hi,

I finally figured how to post pics here thanks to Randy B This one is from revell the 1972 Olds Cutlass 442 finished in mcws Cameo white.I try not to ulid any models from a box top But I had to do this one in Cameo white.I primed the body and wet sanded it out wet #3600 wet then I layed the cameo white on all the body parts I then wet sanded them with #400 then cleared all the parts with several coats I also painted the interior with satin black I trimed the interior chrome with baerfoil along with the body engine is painted in olds bule engine paint the gill was balacked out and I used the decals frm the kit. Well here are the pics and thanks for looking to

1972OLDS442WHITE007_zps0797b10c.jpg

1972OLDS442WHITE006_zps786cdad7.jpg

1972OLDS442WHITE004_zpsf418b71a.jpg

1972OLDS442WHITE002_zpsb4bc6e73.jpg

So glad you finally got in touch with Randy so that you can now share your many top notch builds with us...and participate in THIS forum. This build looks to be done to your usual high standards. That Cameo White from MCW looks fantastic. Did it lay down easily (?), as according to "MrMike", he had major problems with it (which is unusual with MCW paint) on his 72 442 build. As far as those Red front inner wheel housings, weren't they made of plastic and an extra cost option from the Oldsmobile Division? Duane, now that you are able to post photos, I think you deserve another welcome to the MCM Forum. WELCOME! :rolleyes: Fury3

Thanks Dave

The inner whee wells were plastic if I recall correctly they were on the gto cutlass as far as I know these are the only two cars I have seem them on from gm. The Cameo white went on nice and smooth I use a bager 250 to spray my paint on at about 20 psi I always have good results with mcw paint I have been usuing this paint. I started usuing mcw paint around 1988 when I found him at the toledo show and hever had any issues with his paint.I used a red from mcw I'll have to see what the color is ant let blunc the color.