Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Torino in Candy Apple Red

Porscheman

This one started out as a mustard yellow promo I bought last weekend the swap meet in Macungie PA. The body was primed with Dupli-color red primer. 3 coats of Dupli-color Candy Apple Red and 3 coats of Testors Wet Look Clear. The interior was painted semi-gloss black and the windows were tinted using Tamiya's Blue Clear. The wheels and tires came from Revell's 70 Torino GT kit. Had a lot of fun building one of the best looking Torino's IMO.

Hope you like it.

Al

Edited by Porscheman

Al, how the heck do you knock out so many nice looking models so quick ? Do you ever sleep ? : ) I bought a new Torino in 1973. You will recall that was the first year with the huge front bumper. It did not look as good as a 72. Mine was white and has the lazer stripe down the side. 351 engine. Black interior. Pretty nice car but had the face only a mother could love. The front bumper was a pretty good place to sit however. : )

The '72 was always my favorite Torino, but I never saw them in kit form until JoHan was long gone and the prices had gone way past my comfort zone. Good job on that one, Al!

Edited by Monty

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. I decided to build all my collectors kits and refinish my promo to add to my replica stock collection. It's way too much fun building the old stuff.

Al

You got that right! I do the same thing. Beautiful job on the Torino, it's amazing! I do have a question. I cannot recall if that's a one piece mold or if the hood is molded seperate? I have a resin flat hood for one of these, and I'd like to start with the promo instead of the race car kit.

You got that right! I do the same thing. Beautiful job on the Torino, it's amazing! I do have a question. I cannot recall if that's a one piece mold or if the hood is molded seperate? I have a resin flat hood for one of these, and I'd like to start with the promo instead of the race car kit.

Alan it's a one piece body with the hood molded in. I paid $40.00 for it at the swap meet, also have a 69 Lincoln 4 door coming and I'll be building that too.

Al