Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Where they thinking

Aw c'mon guys, you know darn well, you probably built something like that when you were ten and thought it was the coolest. I know I did.

And if you knew what kits I'd done it to, you'd probably run me outa town. :lol:

Edited by Jantrix

Aw c'mon guys, you know darn well, you probably built something like that when you were ten and thought it was the coolest. I know I did.

And if you knew what kits I'd done it to, you'd probably run me outa town. :lol:

LOL We all built those. I once built a drag car from a Thames Panel kit, all I had left of the body was the back end past the doors! the chassis was a rectangular piece of sprue. Driver sat centered in it and could only see forward. And yea, I set an original Tom Daniel Tijuana Taxi on fire!

I've seen worse here... :lol:

I have to agree with Rob too, at some point we all have done something, not necessarily like this, but funky and probably best forgotten.

l remember brush painting a van and glueing the wheels on. it looked junky when done but at 10 l thought it was awsume...

What were they thinking?

"this is fun" hopefully.

Someone had a great time building that and I am sure that when they did so they had a logical reason behind every modification they made.

I know I did when I did similar as a kid.

Are we really that sad and jaded that we would hold this up to ridicule because it doesn't meet the standards we set for ourselves?

Would any of us like it if work by our children was held up for ridicule?

What were they thinking?

"this is fun" hopefully.

Someone had a great time building that and I am sure that when they did so they had a logical reason behind every modification they made.

I know I did when I did similar as a kid.

Are we really that sad and jaded that we would hold this up to ridicule because it doesn't meet the standards we set for ourselves?

Would any of us like it if work by our children was held up for ridicule?

THANK YOU

Back when I started many years ago I build a few....LOL... back then who cared it was fun but also luckily never did it to anything that became rare or hard to find. i do plan on trying to restore some of my better work from my childhood days once i can locate parts they need. I once took a box of mixed parts and build something from them all was about 8 years old and no money.

Around 76 or 77 a local guy had a 4x4 ElCamino . It was lifted with bigger tires . I was 10 and thought it was cool. Looking around my brothers stash I found a 56 Chevy with the opening doors and the light bulb came on. Jacked that thing up and put the biggest truck tires we had in the stash on it. Sprue was used for the lift , no springs . I thought it was cool. LOL