Model Cars Magazine Forum

Australian Transtar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love the coe transtars , drove one when i was younger and loved it . We only had a 8/71 detroit but it went hard and fast .

The bullbar is the same as the ones used on knights of kilmore tanker company of the 70's .All thats missing is the stone gaurd on the windscreen . Great job mate .

P.S . what floor pan did you use to convert the truck to RHD ?

Edited by scummy

Love the coe transtars , drove one when i was younger and loved it . We only had a 8/71 detroit but it went hard and fast .

The bullbar is the same as the ones used on knights of kilmore tanker company of the 70's .All thats missing is the stone gaurd on the windscreen . Great job mate .

P.S . what floor pan did you use to convert the truck to RHD ?

big fan of them too, have another to build eventually, this was a combination of both the ERTL kits, the earler kit cab shell, and the later kit floor pan, wich has different cab mountings, thus giving a higher ride height and leaving plenty of clearance for the Detroit big banger,

I did get an Auslowe stone guard for this (intended for the Western Star Constellation) but didn't like the look of it on the cab, so decided not to fit it.

the bulbar is from the ERTL n10 kit, modified with headlight rings, and a few extra parts, the whole build was inspired by the truck used in the first mad max film, the scene where the biker gang steal fuel from a moving tanker, although in the movie the truck is in better condition. The truck in the movie has a bulbar similar to my build, with the headlight rings

I would like to eventually add a couple of tank trailers in Road Train to this.