Model Cars Magazine Forum

Benny Parsons .........

Old Coyote

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Very nice excellent - great lookin build ... John´s cars are these kind of premium cars i ve can be built never, most of mine have bubbles and cracks under the decals, defects, wrong paints, scratches in windows, wrong season bodies, repairs in paints, crooked wheels, broken axles, something goin wrong at every model 

19hooters-2gosrl.jpg

lettering "Hoosier" on fenders and assembly with "Goodyears" ...... Grrrrrrrrr

and the blue number "19" is crookeyed - also the lettering "Hooters" on rear side isnt straight

Edited by Stroker Ace

Very nice excellent - great lookin build ... John´s cars are these kind of premium cars i ve can be built never, most of mine have bubbles and cracks under the decals, defects, wrong paints, scratches in windows, wrong season bodies, repairs in paints, crooked wheels, broken axles, something goin wrong at every model

19hooters-2gosrl.jpg

lettering "Hoosier" on fenders and assembly with "Goodyears" ...... Grrrrrrrrr

and the blue number "19" is crookeyed - also the lettering "Hooters" on rear side isnt straight

I think you are being too hard on yourself Thomas .......... I really like your work and your cars look good .............. as for the Hoosier fender decal with Goodyear Eagles mounted on the car, it happened all the time ........... the Nascar rules during the great "Tire War" stated the decal must match the brand of tire that the car qualified on and started on, but after that,  the car owner could opt to change brands during the race if he wasn't pleased with how the first brand was working ............ it happened more than you would imagine  .......... the Hoosiers were softer and qualified better, but the Goodyears were superior for the long runs ............ I have done some of my builds the same way .............. by the way, I like your Loy Allen Hooters Thunderbird

I thank you for your complement, but my builds are far from perfect ............ most all of them have defects also .............. the main thing is to just keep building and HAVE FUN :D

Edited by Old Coyote