Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello Everyone

Clay

Some of you may remember me and most of you may not know me, but I have been a member here for a long time, and just wanted to let everyone know that my time In Virginia Beach is coming to an end and my family and I will be starting a new adventure. One we weren't sure that we wanted to do, but we are going to Okinawa Japan within the next year or so. The closer we get to the rough date, the more research is done on what is exactly over there for us to do. I can honestly say that that there is excitement building for it. As for models go I have been plugging away on a few and I will be posting them up in a bit to show them off, so to speak. Stay tuned.

So Clay, where on the "Rock" are you gonna be? It's really a big place, about 60 miles long and three to ten miles wide. :lol: I was there from 1970-1973. NAF NAHA, AIMD, on the southern part of the island ("The Keystone of the Pacific") There are many things to do. So who does the "WE" entail?

I'm sure the place has changed very much since we were there, I got to take my new wife along. That was quite an interesting adventure for two newly weds. :P

I remember when I found out I was going, no one seemed to know anythig about the place. All i got was " Ah ha, NAHA!" :D My parents lived in Tucson AZ so we went out to the base (Davis Monthan AFB) and ask around and couldn't find anyone with any good information.

But I got ya covered, just ask. ;)

• 6 months later...