Model Cars Magazine Forum

How To Cast Bodies

• 3 weeks later...

I saw your post and thought I'd help you out. Just send me an email and I'll teach you the best way to do a body mold. My email address is resinslinger@msn.com. Chris.

Hello guys. I have done a few smaller parts, but I am currently working on a couple of 1/16 scale bodies that I am considering casting. Now I have never casted a body before. Can anyone give me any tips and tricks and need to knows on how to properly cast a good body.Thanks.

I saw your post and thought I'd help you out. Just send me an email and I'll teach you the best way to do a body mold. My email address is resinslinger@msn.com. Chris.

Hi Chris .....................

Is your reply too involved to post here? - I only ask because I really could use that information as well. I'm at the moment working on a project to bring some vintage type bodies to fruition.

If indeed your reply may be a bit to involved to post may I ask that I too could be a recipient of the explanation?

Cheers.................. Andi.

Chris..............

I've sent a direct mail to the address you gave to dragonrods - sorry to appear such a numpty, hopefully this will establish contact.

Ettore............

I know you of old --- DON'T get too excited!!!! This is a series of projects that have been slowly revolving around in my head for quite some years now and as such are definately not on the fast track to anywhere. The whole thing is based on the Model T, and at the minute I'm scratching ancillery parts for the TT commercial version. The axle, chassis and associated hardware. This I then want to extend with differing body and bed styles. I have realised this is all applicable to the standard model T in all it's guises too - most of which [as you know] are not available off the shelf.

One thing I have come to realise during my research is that the Model T is in no way definative and almost evolved on a weekly basis, and even major changes are difficult to determine.......... this has not helped.

Anyway I really wanted to keep a rather low profile with this project in case it came to nought! It just so happens I need as much help as possible getting through the process of understanding the moulding and casting side of things. If I do get the hang of it? - Who knows what may happen! [ smiling now].

Thanks both for your interest...................... Andi.

Chris..............

I've sent a direct mail to the address you gave to dragonrods - sorry to appear such a numpty, hopefully this will establish contact.

Ettore............

I know you of old --- DON'T get too excited!!!! This is a series of projects that have been slowly revolving around in my head for quite some years now and as such are definately not on the fast track to anywhere. The whole thing is based on the Model T, and at the minute I'm scratching ancillery parts for the TT commercial version. The axle, chassis and associated hardware. This I then want to extend with differing body and bed styles. I have realised this is all applicable to the standard model T in all it's guises too - most of which [as you know] are not available off the shelf.

One thing I have come to realise during my research is that the Model T is in no way definative and almost evolved on a weekly basis, and even major changes are difficult to determine.......... this has not helped.

Anyway I really wanted to keep a rather low profile with this project in case it came to nought! It just so happens I need as much help as possible getting through the process of understanding the moulding and casting side of things. If I do get the hang of it? - Who knows what may happen! [ smiling now].

Thanks both for your interest...................... Andi.

Andi. I'll be sending you the tutorial shortly. Chris

Andi.

I tried sending you the first part of the tutorial just a few minutes ago but it bounced. Could you send me a direct email, not through the forum?

Chris.

Hi resinslinger,

I've been a member for a while. Don't post much but read when I get a chance. Question, can You e-mail me also the tutorial? I have cast a couple of parts, wheels, blowers, speakers, amps, etc. But a casting a whole body still is on my list.

Thanks,