Model Cars Magazine Forum

Opel GT

Scale-Master

Baby '73 Vette, sort of... The nose (not shown) is an endura style closer to a '73 Vette and I'll keep the rear metal bumpers. The engine is not going to be the stock 1.9L 4 banger. It will have a turbo.

Just a minor diversion from the heavy duty concentration work required for the Super Seven, been tinkering with this almost for a month a few minutes or an hour at a time a few times a week.

Tamiya Camel Yellow, it's pretty loud in the direct sun...

And it is an original AMT kit, that's what they are for, building, at least to me...

DSC00197b.jpg

Ahhhhh.....what a cute little car!! 8)

I like the color too Mark..........it suits it really well!

It's hard to believe I can remember this car back when it was new ('73) I was in Junior High school or something like that back then. :mrgreen:

I know what you mean about the heavy duty detailing............I've put the '55 Ford on hiatus for awhile so I can concentrate on less intense builds. It's a relief for me to get something completed for a change! :lol:

Just a minor diversion from the heavy duty concentration work required for the Super Seven,

Einstein said everything was relative. Your "minor diversion" already looks better than our "heavy duty" projects... :lol:

Looking great. I agree with you. They are meant to be built...

Thanks,

Thanks everyone. I re-read my description of the engine I plan to use and I realized it reads like I am just turboing the 1.9L 4 cylinder.

That engine is being replaced by something else, that will have the turbo. Not a 4 cylinder even.

And I'm back to work on the 7 so I have no idea when this little pup will be done, like soooo many other projects I always seem to have the energy to start...

Neat little model (I used to work w/a guy who had a yellow Opel GT); I've always been amused by it's mini-Corvette appearance and have seen at least one of the 1:1's sporting a V8 and more Corvette styling cues.

Also because of design similarities I have plans to make an Opel GT model into more of a mini 275 GTB, giving it a bit of Italian flavor :shock: :lol: