Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Freightliner COE

I build airplanes for the most part but have been starting to build tractor/tractor trailers. I just finished this kit and to be honest it was easier to build 40 years ago on Moms kitchen table. I have alot of nostalgia for these kits. Overall it was a hard model to build and the instructions were not real clear. I scratch built the exhaust stacks and heat sheilds for the stacks. But I was glad i built it. My next build is the Revell KW and then when I get my gloss paint skills up to auto/truck standards I will build the Moebius Prostar. All the paint for the cab was done with the rattle can and then polished out some. The frame was painted with the airbrush and then sparayed with a testors semi gloss. Hope you like.

F4G2.jpg

100_1529_zpsec372920.jpg

100_1528_zpsfc9c1a56.jpg

100_1525_zps78bb616f.jpg

100_1524_zpsd3dd97c4.jpg

100_1523_zps6f9717ea.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I am thinking about doing some slight weathering on this model with the airbrush and some slight washes with some mud and dust. There is an old cabover truck a few miles down the road I might go and take a few pictures of for refrence. I was also going to go down to the truck stop by my house and look at the trucks but I do not want to break any laws or rules or anger the truck drivers for looking at their trucks.

You chose... Fun colors for this truck! I like it! Sort of a mix between a small fleet truck /owner-operator/ hotrod color combo. Way cool. I like the toning down of most chrome parts you've done, those look good too.

For the picture taking of real trucks, be upfront with why you're taking pictures (ask first though, if the driver is around...) and just bring pictures of the model you're finishing or planning to weather and you'll most likely get them interested as well because, face it, a truck is a trucker's favorite subject after women, usually... Sometimes that is reversed too. Give it a try!

Edited by BigBad

Great job! that multipiece cab is the worst! your next truck project will be a delight. Be polite when you go to take pictures and show some of your work you will have no problems. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm with everybody else on this one....This thing looks awesome....Very nice color choice....You did an awesome job on the de-chroming....It's consistent and very well done....With your aircraft modeling skills, you'll be great at weathering this one.....Can't wait to see what you come up with....

I got rid of most of my aircraft, but I still have an old 1/32 scale F-4C I'm thinking about getting on....It's one of my last large scale aircraft.....I really like the work you did on yours....Great job....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...