Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell/Model King '57 Ford police cars

charlie8575

• 3 weeks later...

Got my kit on Saturday night. I opened yesterday I was a little disappointed in the decal sheet, after seeing how generic it was, and when it was packaged. The antenna got broken, and the roof mounted light was torn away from the sprue. Leaving a large Notch into its side. I will be contacting Revell for replacements. Other than that it all looks good.

Got my kit on Saturday night. I opened yesterday I was a little disappointed in the decal sheet, after seeing how generic it was, and when it was packaged. The antenna got broken, and the roof mounted light was torn away from the sprue. Leaving a large Notch into its side. I will be contacting Revell for replacements. Other than that it all looks good.

Got two Replies from Revell concering this. The first asked me to send back the defective parts. Before getting replacements. The second gave me information on how to contact Dave Burket for replacement parts, which I did immediately. Dave said he has no extra parts for the kit, and Revell did not send him any for replacement purposes.

I sent that info back to Revell waiting for a response.

I understand that the prototype sheet has actual agencies but I heard that licensing got in the way. Yea, even police agencies. Still, the aftermarket will respond with different agency sheets. I do like the sheet in the kit. Lots of interesting decals we didn't have before. I'll be using them on different kits.

100% true! We, Sean and I, had other markings on the sheet.......but I knew many would get shot down before it went to print....so we had generic art to replace the 'real' stuff. We like to give folks the most for their cash.....but if we had all the real police markings licensing would have made it a $100 kit!!! I don't like the term.....but 'it's not our fault!!!'..... :lol:

I did some of the research on the Motorola radio and the roof beacon. We went to one of the experts that runs a vintage police car parts company and he gave us the info and photos of equipment. On a subject like this that I have no personal info we rely on others for help.

100% true! We, Sean and I, had other markings on the sheet.......but I knew many would get shot down before it went to print....so we had generic art to replace the 'real' stuff. We like to give folks the most for their cash.....but if we had all the real police markings licensing would have made it a $100 kit!!! I don't like the term.....but 'it's not our fault!!!'..... :lol:

I did some of the research on the Motorola radio and the roof beacon. We went to one of the experts that runs a vintage police car parts company and he gave us the info and photos of equipment. On a subject like this that I have no personal info we rely on others for help.

Interesting about the licensing fees for PUBLICLY OWNED agencies like police departments. Where do they get off? Do you need licensing rights to print Army decals?

Interesting about the licensing fees for PUBLICLY OWNED agencies like police departments. Where do they get off? Do you need licensing rights to print Army decals?

I believe most agencies will allow Logo use with permission but you have to get in writing from each department. I'm just guessing it was probably more time consuming then Revell wanted to spend on getting permissions for one decal sheet.

-Steve

I believe most agencies will allow Logo use with permission but you have to get in writing from each department. I'm just guessing it was probably more time consuming then Revell wanted to spend on getting permissions for one decal sheet.

-Steve

I will not name names.....but two that we wanted only needed cash to sign on......after that I didn't want them on the sheet.

First they hold us up with inflated tickets, now this. Immoral, unethical, and should be illegal.

Charlie Larkin

It's amazing, if you just drive according to the posted signs on the road, you don't get tickets. Magical even...

As for the "licensing", it's not like a Police Department, or Ford, or Goodyear is making money from it. You're basically paying the salary of the legal department to research your project and make sure it's something they wished to be aligned with...Police Departments ESPECIALLY have a never-ending conveyor belt of nut jobs who hate "the Government" even if they never had a single negative interaction with the agency. So they have to protect their image, or anyone could make decals, badges, uniforms, et al. In the case of the Ohio State Highway Patrol, they are one of two places permitted to use the "Winged Wheel" logo, the other being a big oval in Speedway, Indiana.

Or that could be an entirely different logo, unless you easily confuse a motorcycle tire with a passenger vehicle tire.

Perhaps.

indianapolis_motor_speedway_logo2.gif

Ospc300.JPG

CSP-Logo-Wide-290x250.jpg

So how does anyone confuse any of these logos for one another?

Who is it exactly that ALLOWS Ohio to use their logo that doesn't look anything like the speedway logo?

What's the story? I've never heard of this before.

IndianapolisMotorSpeedwayLogo.png

Edited by Danno

This is the patch I wore on my left sleeve when I was assigned to motors in the Traffic Division.

thCAGSO0W0_zps582beff5.jpg

This is the pin now worn by motor officers from my old department.

thCAEMNOP8_zpseb450717.jpg

I rated the gold pin as a sergeant, my son wears a silver one as he is a police officer. These are worn on dress occasions by current and former motor officers.

These are readily available to anyone via internet or in person at a uniform supply shop.

G

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...