Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustang FOXBODY FRENZY! Updated pictures

MsDano85gt

yay i'm not alone!

most kits i have yes were aquired from flea bay, although i got pretty lucky on most kits like i got a annivarsary kit sealed for 20 bucks plus 7 shipped! never paid over 25 for any kit on e bay my limit is 15-20 plus shipping depending on how rasonable shipping is.... but no i didn't get em all in a "junk" lot would have been awsome though!!

like your stang collection especially fox bodys stang_crazy

i prefer the 1/25 scale from mpc and amt and a couple older revell issues

i do like the 1/24 offerings as well just not as much!

need to find me a couple of those monogram "cobras" for those odd rims you just don't hardly see ever on the 1:1 cars very nice blue max Erik

Thank you! i sure do miss mt light regatta blue 85 gt the most it was my first car i bought on my own and did any and all work to it myself !! the only thing i outsourced was having the engine block machined out .30 over i did all the rebuilding myself :) very self gratifying

Your welcome Daniel... I have built a few cars up too...its very satisfying to hear them when done and nothing like the feeling of doing it yourself. many years ago i owned a really beefed up 75 Trans Am....loved that car. 0.30 over 400ci, 472 lift 512 duration cam, ram air heads and exhaust manifolds...she would really run.

sounds like one fun pontiac!

i was always trying to figure out in smokey and the bandit if the movie car was a standard or aod car back then i think aod was the majority built?? on that particular run of the mill?? like fox body mustangs almost all of em it seems have a 5 speed manual vs the ford aod not too up on my older gm's from 70's

sounds like one fun pontiac!

i was always trying to figure out in smokey and the bandit if the movie car was a standard or aod car back then i think aod was the majority built?? on that particular run of the mill?? like fox body mustangs almost all of em it seems have a 5 speed manual vs the ford aod not too up on my older gm's from 70's

Daniel... The movie car was an auto in the interior shots and for the most parts but the ones where they did burnouts and took off running are 4 speeds if you listen very carefully you can tell. Mine had a TH350 trans with a shift kit and special torque converter,etc...had a TH400 in it once that was built but snapped the output shaft getting into it hard when shifting from 1st to 2nd...that made a mess...LOL... I had it on a track once did 157.3 was my best time and fast enough for me. I had a 4speed for it but never used it the auto was just quick enough for me. My rear tires had screws to hold them to the wheels spun one off bead once...yep it was fun.

• 2 months later...

101_6821_zps8d738645.jpg

101_6822_zps7e215cab.jpg

101_6820_zps6a656bc5.jpg

updated on the 79' notchback,

have mostly all of the black trimwork painted/ black sharpie marker'd in except the sail panels,

the red stripe is painted on the rub strips, headlamp and taillamp/ foglamp openings all painted chromesilver,

just now need to touchup headlamp buckets and rubstrip mouldings with black, paint in the amber/ orange for the marking / park/ turn lamps glue in my tail lamps.....

will try and get some interior shots soonB)

yeah the paint is not "perfect "persay especially on this notchback (its resin) and lots of body mods with the t - tops so the paint turned out ok most of my paintwork i feel is just OK but from a slight distance on the shelf these foxbody models will look SWEEET!! Finally got all my foxbodys sorted and organized today was an all afternoon fiasco!! mite be able to progress faster now that things are organized!!

• 3 weeks later...

staring at the chassis' in the picture makes me realize how wrong the gas tanks are for those models. Looks like a Mustang II underneath.

i want to say the mpc foxbody kits are the same way too its all foxbody yet the fuel tank area resembles more like a mustang II look to it i need to get a lot of the 1/25 revell notchback chassis's for better detailed motors with manual transmissions, and proper looking fuel tanks!

i should borrow a revell fuel tank so i can figure out how to scratchbuild my own!