3 mercury capri's

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

post-10166-0-15663800-1376791082_thumb.j

here are 3 more capri fox bodys

one is regular body with the front rs airdam borrowed from mustang kits ( phonetian yellow)

the dark brown "rs" is going to be a v-8 "rs" capri I modded the roof with a t-bar from the mpc mustang kits

the last is a regular box stock style build that I may add a spoiler to, the fox bodys look too plain with nothing on the hatch very strange actually I think

the brown rs is "root beer" one coat laquer

the light yellow is model master "ford" phonecian yellow"

Posted · Report post

here are some 1:1 photos of capri unfortunately in a wrecking yard :( sigh

Picture268.jpg

Picture267.jpg

Picture269.jpg

hood picture

Picture270.jpg

Picture265.jpg

Picture266.jpg

good reference for "bubble back"

Posted · Report post

101_6111.jpg

101_6110.jpg

v8 rs is coming along..... i'm now debating trying to make a bubble back...... hmmmm that would be a task!!

Posted · Report post

101_6106.jpg

101_6076.jpg

101_6077.jpg

101_6075.jpg

Posted · Report post

Very cool. Fox body Capris are one of my all time favorite cars. I used to have an 82 White lightning edition back in the late 80`s to early 90`s. 302 and a 4 speed with the TRX Suspension package. Had a Holley hi rise with a 650 carb and headers. I`d like another one one day.

Posted · Report post

the black and maroon cars are "crimson cat" and "black cat" versions I am also planning a "white lightning" version as well if you happen to have any photos of your old car it may be very helpful for my "cat" builds..... especially with the gold striping i'm just kinda on a whim with them right now havn't found many rear views of the cars at all to see where the stripes go.......

Posted · Report post

Cool Subject, One of my neighbors still drives one everyday.

Posted · Report post

I love the 5.0 capris, been looking for a model kit for a while and have had no luck. Looks like your foxbody collection is pretty big, very cool.

Posted · Report post

never kitted a 5.0 capri just the turbo capri 2.3 4 bagger and the capri turbo rs kit same thing pretty much one molded in black and came with a ski rack and ski's and the other molded in silver very cool kits even though they are very basic.... easily modified though

Posted · Report post

But the fenders are way wrong. I have 3 1:1s. 84 5.0 t top RS. 85 5.0 t top RS and a 85 5.0 solid roof GS that has a really neat background.

Posted · Report post

Very true, they have the capri flared fender with the mustang style fender opening flares. Still would like a model of one eventually.

Posted · Report post

yes they are imperfect i'm not worried about correcting the flares either, tho at least someone (thank you revel) kitted a capri......

Posted · Report post

Any progress on these Capri's?

Posted · Report post

Any progress on these Capri's?

still plugging away a little here and there will try to get some updates and more recent pics soon, now that i'm more of a computer wiz now that i spend so much time here on MCM !! B)