Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need help with primer removal

Working on my first kits since getting back to the hobby and had some major body filling on a '59 Chevy build. I used Tamiya white in the beginning, but switched to Testors filler when I had some issues with the Tamiya. Now, I think I have it ready for the color to be added, but my primer coats are very uneven after all the sanding (this has been a nightmare, but a good learning experience!).

Anyway, I wanted to do a complete primer removal and start over again to get it ready for paint. What can I use that will not undo the body filler in the process? I have used brake fluid on some older bodies, but see that Purple Power and Simply Green are very popular.

What would be my best bet to ensure I get the old primer off and leave my body work in tact?

Please help!!!

Tommy

P.S. I tried to upload some pics, but my file size was too large...sorry...

Thanks fellas....I think I will try that Purple Power stuff...the two primers I used were first, Testors enamel primer and then a coat of rust colored Plasticote primer...I didn't like the Testors to begin with, and after seeing Dr. Cranky's videos, I tried the Plasticote sandable primer which I really like...but hey, if I have to do the filling again, I will...That is what I love about modeling: trial and error!!!