Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Dart/Pro Touring

aksarben

great job. love the colors, like the deletion of the side marker lights. just a clean build. the only thing I don't like about it is I have something like this planned and yours is going to get me to start yet another project.......

beautiful.

I think it looks awesome and the hood air cleaner combo while not conventional with no scoop looks great and I like it. Nicely worked in with the shaping and air cleaner. What did you paint the washer bottle with to get it that blue/transparant look. Almost looks like you filled it with blue washer fluid and sealed the bottom.

Panel lines look a little too dark but that dint bother me. My problem with this car is the washer bottle looks like it is made of glass. They were actually white plastic and once aged begin to yellow. Eventually you cannot even tell if there is washer fluid inside unless you open the cap. Almost everyone leaves it in clear plastic or paints it transparent blue. Painting it a ivory color or very light beige with blue cap would make it much more realistic. But aside from that..its wonderful

My problem with this car is the washer bottle looks like it is made of glass. They were actually white plastic and once aged begin to yellow. Eventually you cannot even tell if there is washer fluid inside unless you open the cap. Almost everyone leaves it in clear plastic or paints it transparent blue. Painting it a ivory color or very light beige with blue cap would make it much more realistic. But aside from that..its wonderful

MVC005S-vi.jpg

I paint mine flat white. Then I add the coolant or windshield washer fluid in the bottom with water color. Then I spray another light coat of flat white on it again.

Steve, just forget about what they say about the panel lines. They are just jealous that they can't build one that nice. Hope to see it in person some time. By the way, what color is that?

I'm not too worried, they do have some points.

While I don't agree that the panel lines are too dark, I do agree that they are too big. But what can we do at this scale.

Thanks Andy, I painted it with Rustolium "Gold Rush Metallic".

I am very interested in the washer fluid bottle... is that an aftermarket piece? Home made?

Anyway, excellent model. Did you have to mini-tub the rear to fit those meats?

Thanks James. The washer fluid bottle came with the kit.

I did have to trim down the chassis plate a bit in the back and move the front inner fenders up some but I did not make any tubs.

I think it looks awesome and the hood air cleaner combo while not conventional with no scoop looks great and I like it. Nicely worked in with the shaping and air cleaner. What did you paint the washer bottle with to get it that blue/transparant look. Almost looks like you filled it with blue washer fluid and sealed the bottom.

The washer fluid bottle is clear plastic, I just painted the bottom of it with some turquoise craft paint.

Thanks Kevin.

Panel lines look a little too dark but that dint bother me. My problem with this car is the washer bottle looks like it is made of glass. They were actually white plastic and once aged begin to yellow. Eventually you cannot even tell if there is washer fluid inside unless you open the cap. Almost everyone leaves it in clear plastic or paints it transparent blue. Painting it a ivory color or very light beige with blue cap would make it much more realistic. But aside from that..its wonderful

Those are some good tips, thanks, I never really thought too much about it but yea it wouldn't be made out of glass.

A lot of people call anything with low profile tires "pro-touring". This one has the look of a true track car. Well done.

Thanks Rob, that's what I was going for here. I think this little car would do great in Autocross.

MVC005S-vi.jpg

I paint mine flat white. Then I add the coolant or windshield washer fluid in the bottom with water color. Then I spray another light coat of flat white on it again.

Tom that looks very effective, I'll have to re think the way I do these in the future.

How did you make the leaves? They look very real.

Steve

Nice Dart! I love the colour combo and the unusual hood/aircleaner idea. Its good to see things done a little differently. Those wheels are awesome. I'm building the Mr Norm's one at the moment and the body colour on mine is almost the same!