Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Corvette "C1RS Custom" UPDATE: Finished in Under Glass

Kennyboy

Great Project Ken!

My dad had a '62 when I was a teenager, Great Car... B)

Thanks Ira! I bet that car was fun!

Looking real good. Can't wait to see more progress.

Thanks Virgil! Should have more soon, was in the lab...I mean shop painting yesterday. :D

Man, this is gonna be a killer model! Great work getting the chassis i there so well, and the ride height looks prefect!

Thanks a lot Mike

Looks pretty good...

Removing the mold lines on the exhaust would go a long way.

Thanks, good point on the exhaust. Was so busy working on other steps forgot to do that before painting.

Wow, that nails it! Just a suggestion, I'd go with Model Master Metalizer Aluminium Plate for the finish on that part, it'll buff up nicely and look just about identical to the 1:1 part!

Here's what it looks like once it's buffed out. (It's on the exhaust)

P1090179modified-vi.jpg

If you're looking for a more satin finish, use Tamiya Flat Aluminum, here's how it looks out of the can...

1969Talledega0025-vi.jpg

Edited by Custom Mike

Ken, I have no idea how you could make the LED turn signals, you're on your own there buddy...but if you can pull it off, it'll be cool!

I have been thinking I could probably just make some pieces out of clear sprue, shape them and with micro drill put a series of small holes that would go only partways thru the backside of the clear piece and paint the holes chrome, and then cut into the bumper ends and smooth them in. Should look like a bank of LED lights (not going to make light up ones.....I'm not that good.) :lol:

Nice work on the grill Ken, love those wheels also...

Thanks Carl, just could not see the build with the atrocious looking wheels of the 1:1

UPDATE:

Cut the driver's side of the dash out and sectioned in the ZR1 dash cluster. This was a major PITA to get the angle right on. Now just have to fill with putty and do the "matching" of both pieces. The passenger side will have the original "handle" in it for HOLD ON times. :lol: Which will also continue the natural curvature of the dash from one side to the other (Looks strange without it, I know.) I will be installing the 2010 Z06 steering wheel. Oh yeah, I also have to remove the EXTRA set of pedals from the original floorpan!

P1020001_zps1cb3f52e.jpg

P1020002_zps61ef151b.jpg

P1020003_zpsd0a77ab6.jpg

On the front end, I was able to complete the driver's side grille piece to match the center.....now for the Passenger side. :unsure:

P1020004_zps5c84b98a.jpg

P1020005_zps1f0ff67c.jpg

Edited by Kennyboy