Model Cars Magazine Forum

My most recent build, a US Navy FFN-3 fire apparatus. The real truck was constructed by International with firefighting equipment supplied by a number of small companies including the Gorham Fire Equipment Company of Boston, Mass. who supplied the equipment to a real rig on display at Bangor's Maine Air Museum. Model is 1/25 scale.

057-3_zps7aa5c3bd.jpg

059-3_zpsb46d1a65.jpg

113_zps001bd4e6.jpg

109_zps2dfd9d8d.jpg

101_zps0fef7834.jpg

104_zps12edf9c8.jpg

103_zpsc84c641b.jpg

Yes. Sheet brass was used for the front fenders and hood. The grill is brass strip stock. Fender edges are brass strip also soldered to the fender edge. So are the springs and front bumper. Nice stuff to work with but soldering is not the same as glueing!!

Edited by Chariots of Fire

Very nice work. I would really like to see those tires weathered or scuffed or something to take away the shine/plastic look.

If I scull them up the paint will come off. Those are resin tires with Floquil flat black paint. I suppose I could use a weathered black or some weathering powders to make them look older.

Spectacular, Charlie!

Thank you Dan! Been a long time since we've talked!