Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Jukebox Ford

racer3270

Looks good! The kit (at least the one I have) Has two different intake manifolds for the motor. The one you see here and the one that is used on Tyrone's 90 LX build. However even though they made two different distributors they didn't change the distributor location it seems..

Edited by RadialDragon

Hey "Racer" this looks awesome. I'm currently building this one too. I'm not detailing the engine as much as you did. (I don't have the patience for it anymore).

Thanks for sharing. Oh.....don't be embarrassed about that rear wing. Just tell people you did it to see if they'd notice!

James: FWIW, take it from one who's gotten OCD on only 2 builds over detail (check out WIP on my HOT ROD flopper & my friend's ultra hi-res pics of my WIP pro stock); I just finished using P/E wire loom parts to fashion butterfly linkage for the fuel line block on the driver's side of the blower LOL. Some of the critiques may come off a little rough but everyone is trying to help.

I commend you for getting those decals to work, which I've heard are a bear on the hood. Keep up the good work and learn as much as you can. Again FWIW, I've done those 1:1 dual inlet carb initially and they're tough. Hope you have a dremel with a really tiny bit for those. Research for opinions on the most popular CA glue as well.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the tip! I've got this build coming up next year, along with the '55 Revell Streetburner top sportsman, which shows up on Ebay as a donor kit all the time since people either use the body/engine for slot racer builds or other combinations. I got the donor chassis, wheels, tires, decals and glass for it; a day later I got the engine from the same seller! So he must have had a use for the body/wing only.