Model Cars Magazine Forum

How often do you visit Hobby Lobby?

Is anyone else as addicted to this place as I am? lol. I love this place and I visit it more than I vist all three of my local hobby shops. I find myself stopping in almost twice a week, mostly for paint and clear. My wife loves it too and it's very hard for her to go and not come out with something. Right now they are having a 50% off sale on vintage muscle car items. Mugs ,lamps, advertisement signs,pictures, really cool stuff. I am currently outfitting my gameroom with the stuff. Anyone else here that can't stay out of this place, If so how often do you stop in?

OH!!! Also I don't know if any of the stores are doing it but allot of kits are being clearanced out at $10 each.

Dante, Hobby Lobby for me is a 35 mile trip just one way . Considering that at least in the Craft lines , I have TWO Michael's , I can't justify the traffic and the congestion of the Short Pump near Richmond store . Hey, I used to hate Westhimer road in Houston . Richmond Virginia's far west Broad street pales in comparison ..................

once a week - with coupon in hand

I hit them whenever I am near one. Used to get mad at myself for not printing the coupon out ahead of time until I realized I could look it up on my smartphone and save the paper!

Amazing how many people you see in line with smartphones getting their coupon code ready!

I've never been to a Hobby Lobby, there isn't one near me. I will go to the local shop in Westchester, PA if I'm in need of supplies but the don't stock Tamiya paints. I'll go to Avenel Hobbies in NJ when I'm there for my Tri-State club meetings. They cater to car modelers and have BMF and other goodies.

Used to have one in the mall near where I work, within 5 minuites walking distance. Since I usually walked over to the grocery store next to it on break, I usually went in there pretty much every day, sometimes twice in the same day. Since they closed (mall didn't want to deal with them on the lease), the nearest one is about 40 miles away. I usually try to go there if I'm over that way, but that's not ver often.

I have a HL less than a five minute drive from my house. My wife and I go there probably on average two or three trips a month, with coupon. I think their selection is pretty decent and with the discount it's the easiest way for me to save money. I buy a lot of my small business supplies there, too, since I can go through bags and K&S tubing pretty quickly at times. I was able to order a couple '57 Ford tudors when they came out and was able to use a 40% off coupon, to pay for each of those.

Yes, they are closed on Sunday--good. I am lucky to be within a mile of HObby Lobby. The coupon comes out of the Sunday paper and on the bulletin board weekly. My purchases may include a kit but more likely supplies and other craft items I can used. I am nos using some Krylon paints and like the 40% off. Earlier this spring I bought two car guy iems. They are stacks of tires that are supposed to be pen/pencil holders. I find them great for paint brushes and atmosphere.

At least twice a month with the 40% coupon on my I phone. They have a really good selection of current kits. In the last several months I've purchased 2 Paasche H air brushes ($95) - 1 for $53 and the other with a gift card from my son plus the 40% I got one for around $25.

There used to be a hobby shop here in town called Gorden's Hobby Lobby. I followed it around as they moved from one shopping center to another. This was a great family, Mom and Pop and kids (three brothers I think) place. Finally the last move Dad died, kids took over and "Hobby Lobby" moved in and bought em out. How often do I go to Hobby Lobby ? maybe once a month, dang I forgot my coupon. :lol: They usually have "same 'ol, same 'ol. :P I watch the board here to find out when they change the shelves. :D

There used to be a hobby shop here in town called Gorden's Hobby Lobby. I followed it around as they moved from one shopping center to another. This was a great family, Mom and Pop and kids (three brothers I think) place. Finally the last move Dad died, kids took over and "Hobby Lobby" moved in and bought em out. How often do I go to Hobby Lobby ? maybe once a month, dang I forgot my coupon. :lol: They usually have "same 'ol, same 'ol. :P I watch the board here to find out when they change the shelves. :D

Brings back some memory's, my dad would take me there every weekend, I cant remember the guys name, but he had curly hair and wore glasses , but he always treated us very nice. Gorden's Hobby Lobby was the second name after it moved, and the reason why it was changed, was because of the chain Hobby Lobby coming to the valley, so they bought the rights to the name so they could open their stores here, well thats what I was told after the name change

Edit- I visited Hobby Lobby today, and will go back tomorrow

Edited by martinfan5