Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 599 GTO

Megaman

So I recently joined this forum and figured I should get to work on my first real model! I got my big screw ups out of the way (at least I hope so) on my first attempt with a Chevy Nova. I'm sure at some point I will get back to that one, but want to start with a clean slate.

Might be slow goin' for a while with progress and pics, but if anyone has some feedback on ways to improve my techniques or any big issues I should know about with this particular kit I'm all ears!

So here's the body of the Ferrari...I will hopefully be painting in Tamiya Italian Red.

post-12228-0-44489100-1377118905_thumb.j

post-12228-0-21616100-1377118911_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you are off to a really good start Mason. Take your time and enjoy each part of the build. I tend to look at each sub-assembly as a little model in itself. For example the engine is a model in itself. IMO Revell make some great kits and it is best to learn and make mistakes with them. Wait until you are comfortable with the basic building techniques before you start a Tamiya kit. They are very nice but also expensive.

I would suggest you wash down the body of the car very well to remove mold release oils and prime it before shooting it with the Tamiya Italian red.

Looks like you are off to a really good start Mason. Take your time and enjoy each part of the build. I tend to look at each sub-assembly as a little model in itself. For example the engine is a model in itself. IMO Revell make some great kits and it is best to learn and make mistakes with them. Wait until you are comfortable with the basic building techniques before you start a Tamiya kit. They are very nice but also expensive.

I would suggest you wash down the body of the car very well to remove mold release oils and prime it before shooting it with the Tamiya Italian red.

Thats a great advise!