Model Cars Magazine Forum

Frankie Says Happy Halloween 2007

Dr. Cranky

Man Virgil, waited all night for these pics!!! AWESOME JOB!!! I have followed your "in progress" post all the way, and I have to say it was the best!!! You did a great job on the build, as well as entertain us all!!! Happy Halloween!!!

Hello there! jus wanin to say congrats on the build also the posts and updates were very informative. it seems you had agreat time building this one as im sure anyone would .You really brought the picture to life. Kool!!

Peace

AJulia

What a treat! Very trick! Real eye candy! Absolutely fabulous build, and thanx for sharing all the in progress pix along the way!

By the way, my favorite bed is the one with the welding tanks, wine bottle and cooler, etc., etc., etc.!!!! This is what modeling is all about- creativity, fun, artistic outlet, sharing, fun, did I say FUN?!?!?!!!!! I also like your figure- as well done as the truck!

Virgil,

I know that I'm a bit late to comment on the build, but what would Frankie be without 2 large protruding brass bolts and a set of jumper cables in the bed??

I also build derelict dioramas and often get the "it would look so much better if you..." type of comments on them as well, so I just couldn't resist the opportunity to comment on the finished product.

Great job and keep up the good work,

Raul

What more can I say than all the other members have not allready...Great job on the build, and the buildup, which I came back to religiously everyday to check on updates. Awesome build, it looks just like the illustration and could be confused for a 1:1. Again very nice job and keep up the good work ;)

Thanks, Parki--yeah, I love building what I call "backdrops" to shoot my models on . . . here's one of my all-time favorites . . . which I built from a few pictures out of a magazine a couple of years ago . . .

IMG_1109-vi.jpg

IMG_1217-vi.jpg

IMG_1097-vi.jpg

Check out my Fotki archives if you want to see how this one was put together from the beginning . . . thanks and enjoy!