Model Cars Magazine Forum

Remeber these? "Destroyer" and "Thunderbolt One"

post-10166-0-44993700-1377219359_thumb.jpost-10166-0-04983100-1377219329_thumb.jpost-10166-0-57878600-1377219293_thumb.j

Remember these guys?

need to glue pcs back on, and continue my search for one of those "single" sole tractor style monster truck tires the thunderbolt only had 3 tires :(

I digress though I built it anyways and nicknamed the chevy monster "tripod" I did a cool twist of my own and noched the radiator support and inverted the exhaust headers upsidedown and frontwards to come out the front of the hood like nostrils similar to some demo derby cars I've seen! cool effect

wish they would re-issue cool stuff like this!

Yes, I remember these trucks . When they first came out , I was still in the wrecker business. I bought the 1980 Revell kit to do a wrecker , sold most of the kit off to another model builder who needed parts . The Destroyer model, I gave the tires away to a guy who needed them. I kept the body to duplicate a Wrecker I had . I never did finish it . I sold the real wrecker , I retired and I'm too busy doing exhibit work to deal with another wrecker now , model or otherwise ................

• 3 weeks later...