Model Cars Magazine Forum

Leaky Boat Louie

hobbybobby

The popular Weird-Ohs® model kits - the classic 1960s multi-million selling phenomenon...

Bill Campbell is another one of my favorite artists, he is behind the Hawk model companies 1960's Weird-Ohs series.

He also did the box art for many WW2 planes, trains and cars witch proved him to be an all around great artist.

The Weird-ohs series later spawned the Frantics, the Silly Surfers and an off-shoot line of plastic toys, Halloween masks and board games.

The Hawk company has recently re-released the Weird-ohs, Frantics and Silly Surfers kits with the original box art.

"Leaky Boat Louie"

Louie the vulgar boatman pays no attention to the no wake zones or swimming areas but he does wear a captain's hat.

The boat was painted with pearl white, mica red, then covered with clear lacquer (all spray can).

The base is an old picture frame filled with plaster.

Well, the shape of the water has not succeeded, and in color, it is not according to my ideas. :unsure:

But hey, that's Weird-oh-land, everything is possible... ;)

The rest was painted first with mat black (spray can) and then by hand with Acrylic mat paints (FIN by WACO, great experience).

These colors can be diluted with water or abrasion-proof.

For the eyes, mouth, teeth, all shiny areas, I cover it with Enamel Paint No.1 by Revell.

Well, this is my version, hope you like it.

013.jpg

014.jpg

012.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg