Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ghia/Porsche

ScrappyJ

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the support and wishing me well on getting my Ghia project back. Although I don't have any WIP updates, I thought I would let everyone know that I got the Ghia back yesterday. I went to the FAST show in Ocala, FL yesterday and Stan Ligon brought it up from Tampa for me. So far, all seems to be well. Now to get refocused and motivated. After going to the World Import Challenge in Orlando, I have a hankering to build an import drag car.

Edited by ScrappyJ

this has to be seen in person to be fully appreciated. I got to look and droul over it at the street rod nats and it is remarkable. can't wait to see it painted and finished.

glad that you got it back, Dirk.

and guys, I even threatened Dirk that if he left it again, he wouldn't see it until I finished it.

Thanks for all the support and wishing me well on getting my Ghia project back. Although I don't have any WIP updates, I thought I would let everyone know that I got the Ghia back yesterday. I went to the FAST show in Ocala, FL yesterday and Stan Ligon brought it up from Tampa for me. So far, all seems to be well. Now to get refocused and motivated. After going to the World Import Challenge in Orlando, I have a hankering to build an import drag car.

"I have a hankering to build an import drag car".....JUST DO IT!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it has been a while, but I've been working on a couple of Pro Mod builds I started almost 9 years Argo, in order to change things up a little. As part of having to re work the rear wheel wells of the PM '53 Vette, I had to whip out the 'ole mud and therefore decided to slap some mud and the first coat of primer onto the Ghia:

34412535674430-vi.jpg

34412535674940-vi.jpg

40412535680615-vi.jpg

39412535679003-vi.jpg

I know it may not look like much and it's still a little rough, but with all the body mods and all, I don't think I it is all too bad off. To be honest, I was a little worried about being able to pull of decent looking lines once the mud was slung on there. A little more careful mud sessions and a few more build coats of primer and we should be in good shape.

Thanks, Lee!

A pic with the wheels on. I think I need to re-work the rear wheel openings because they don't look centered to me:

24412659924007-vi.jpg

It's amazing how much junk you start noticing once you start putting primer in there. Not to mention the primer gassed-out and I have a ton-load of finessing to do on smoothing it out.

Edited by ScrappyJ