Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge D200 Crew Cab '64

Hi!

This is my first Modelhaus kit and I have been quite pleased its quality although it was a bit expensive.

The kit contains all parts to built curbside model.

D200_cerw_cab_01.jpg

The chassis was not what I wanted because it was promo style and I don't usually use them.

D200_cerw_cab_02.jpg

I decided to show Dremell to fix it but something went wrong :D

D200_cerw_cab_03.jpg

Lindberg L-700 chassis was almost suitable but too short so I had to modify it.

D200_cerw_cab_04.jpg

Chassis is still in progress. Front and rear suspension is modified L-700 and rear axle is built from resin rear end and aluminium tube.

D200_cerw_cab_16_zpsdf498ef3.jpg

Body is painted

D200_cerw_cab_14_zpsc71bcf09.jpg

D200_cerw_cab_15_zps5624aa1c.jpg

Interior is ready.

D200_cerw_cab_17_zps4e2e6357.jpg

Poor little slant gives decent performance and was one of the most popular engine sold to this truck.

D200_cerw_cab_09_zpsdb2c8271.jpg

Stance testing before I noticed that door panel lines are wrong and needs correcting. Wheels are form the kit but tires are from Jeep.

D200_cerw_cab_12_zps5224162d.jpg

More to come...

Edited by Sportabout

Great truck! Modelhaus resins are a little more expensive than the average, but the quality is way better! Certainly worth the money. You are doing a great job on the truck so far. One thing is that Chrysler slant sixes used in trucks were painted yellow. And the transmission would be left metal color.

I don't know if the crew cabs of this era were sold to the general public. All of the ones I've seen in real life started out as military units. My father was in the US Army when I was a kid and I remember these.

Edited by Tom Geiger

that needs hemi

Yes, it needs but 426 street hemi was not an option to Crew Cab 1964, only CSS could be ordered with that monster. I tried to find Chrysler Poly A 318 ci V8 but I could not find any kit with it.

Edited by Sportabout

Great truck! Modelhaus resins are a little more expensive than the average, but the quality is way better! Certainly worth the money. You are doing a great job on the truck so far. One thing is that Chrysler slant sixes used in trucks were painted yellow. And the transmission would be left metal color.

I don't know if the crew cabs of this era were sold to the general public. All of the ones I've seen in real life started out as military units. My father was in the US Army when I was a kid and I remember these.

Yellow engine would be much better but I found pictures such kind of engine too late. Slant has already been painted and wired banghead.gif

I had a '68 and a '71 both with slant sixes, and mine were that blue/green color. I never saw a yellow Mopar engine.

Tom, I read on ALLPAR, /6 engines were pretty much turqoise or orange, although they do mention yellow. It does say industrial or military though. My '71 was a 3/4 ton, with the 4sp/creeper, and it also had a 12 inch clutch. It also had what appeared to be a 4 inch diameter driveshaft that was 1 piece with no carrier bearing.

Check out this link for information on Dodge CSS pickups.

http://benjamin_simons.tripod.com/css/index.html

You mean this page http://benjamin_simons.tripod.com/css/

It seems that D100 and D200 have had one and two piece driveshafts. D200 crew cab is so long It must have two piece.

A list of Chrysler engine colors: http://www.houstonmopars.org/specs/moparmotorpaint.jpg