Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Porsche 935

mitchell

Time to move this over to this section. This has been WIp for way too long. Anyways a re-issue Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 935 with PE kit and Cartograph decals. A very superior kit considering it is done in the 70's. Few minor issues and modifications to make it what it is today. The sad part is that some of the decals are layed on with blemish and this kit is all about the Martini colors. But still quite an enjoyable build. Thanks for viewing.

post-2944-0-99180800-1377356652_thumb.jp

post-2944-0-95216600-1377356670_thumb.jp

post-2944-0-48822800-1377356807_thumb.jp

post-2944-0-01890700-1377356831_thumb.jp

I added a lot of stuff in the dash and weathered it. I used quite a bit of PE screw head on the dash and build lens cover for the instrument. Also drilled a cover on top of the dash for venting purpose and wired up the fuse box. Other than that, it's all from the kit. The picture is the dash during WIP. not all done yet but close enough.

One of my all time favorite race cars. Back in the early 90`s I got too see it purely by accident. I walked into a Porsche Dealership in Santa Monica and there it was sitting in the showroom, rather rough and looking as though it has just rolled in from the track. Made my whole day B) . Nice work!

How did you scab up the tires? They look great.

The tach is not suppose to be side way. But this is usual trick that Porsche people like to do on their car. So I turn it side ways. The purpose of doing so is that redline is at your direct sight line. The tires are scrubbed with a 180 sandpaper and the gunk is glued on by hairspray. Hopefully it is strong enough to hold it for a while plus the car smells good now.