Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC STREET CHARGER

Mrdarkmonkey96

• 2 months later...

I love the color, What paint type it is? I don't think it's a Tamia spray can...

For the wheels, the 1:18 die cast often has wheels too big for a realistic look, in 1:16 they look better.

I love to mix different scale in my projects.

nice charger

thanks! Its fiery orange I believe. testors one coat lacquer!

Very sharp build. Great color and engine detail..

thanks! thats why I love the Big kits. you dont need a microscope and the patience of a buddhist monk to put details and wires in!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So its not the rear end that makes the wheels stick out but the wheels? I'm getting ready to build one but have not opened it but hate the idea of those wheels. I have some general Lee wheels I was thinking of putting on it.

the kit wheels stuck out even worse! That's why I put the aftermarkets on. You could always just section the axle.

That turned out sharp... love the color.

Thank you! Its a one coat lacquer....fiery orange I believe. No clear coat.

• 2 months later...

I also have this kit. Im painting mine silver with a flat black hood. I like the way yours turned out. I also have the general lee & was going to use the motor from the street charger for the general lee. I wish the street charger had a regular hood. What color did you paint the chassis? Looks like aluminum or silver. Very nice build. That fiery orange is one of my favorite colors.

I also have this kit. Im painting mine silver with a flat black hood. I like the way yours turned out. I also have the general lee & was going to use the motor from the street charger for the general lee. I wish the street charger had a regular hood. What color did you paint the chassis? Looks like aluminum or silver. Very nice build. That fiery orange is one of my favorite colors.

Thanks! The silver on the chassis is krylon brilliant silver. It had s little bit of a sparkle to it, only thing o don't like about it.